Chapter 2

When I woke up this morning I happened to notice a purple box, right beside my bed.I shot out of bed, and and picked it up. As soon as I was about to open it, my sister barged in the door.

“Wake up! Breakfast is ready!” I jumped, almost having a heart attack.

“Did you really have to yell? !” I yelled back, annoyed.

“Love ya!” she joked, and slammed the door.

“This girl.” I said aloud, and hopped out of bed. I placed the box on my bed and headed towards the restroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and changed into some black  shorts, a yellow  t-shirt, and put my hair in a messy bun. I walked downstairs, into the kitchen.

I never thought that I would hate breakfast until this morning. My ever so lovely sister, note the sarcasm,  just had to flirt with Noah while I was trying to eat. I felt like I was going to throw up on my food.

After breakfast I went up to my room to, the purple box was still on my mind. I closed the door behind me, and started on the box. I was about to open it, when Josh came in.

“Hey.” he said, looking at the box.

I sighed, “Ever heard of knocking?”

 He lightly chuckled, “Sorry.”

“Its fine.” I laughed.

“Hey listen about last n-” he started.

“Don’t worry about it. I won’t throw a stick unless I can identify the voice. I said reassuringly. Josh started laughing, “No that's not what I meant. Its just that I was sorta hoping you want to go to the cave again tonight.” “Well I don’t know..” I tapped the box. “What’s that?” he asked, changing the subject. “Oh, well this morning when I woke up I found it. I’ve been trying to open it, but you know I keep getting interruptions.” I said, gesturing to him.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” he laughed. “Just open it now.” “Okay.” He sat down next to me. I eyed him, as he did. Then my attention was back on the box. I slowly opened it, like it was sometime of treasure. I fully opened it, the first thing that caught my eyes were the flowers. I blushed. Then my eyes went to the chocolate, I was kind of craving them, but I had to focus on the main problem. I looked at Josh. He was smiling. “Did you sent this?” I asked, hoping that he didn’t.Josh smile just went all awkwardly.

‘Uh. . . . . .its okay I just wanted you to deliver it for me.” he said nervously. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. We both looked opposite side. I have never felt so embarrased in front of a boy. He spoke up, “Um. . . . . listen I gotta go. I’ll talk to you later.” and rushed towards the door. “Um, uh okay..Bye. um…” I struggled to remember his name. I face palmed myself. It got even akwarder.

“Josh..” he finished for me, and left

"Right..” I said, and fell back onto my bed. That was awkward. Why did I have to be so straightforward. I groaned, out of anger.

Josh’s P.O.V

As I was walking to the beach, a lot of things were going through my mind. Okay, okay, I admit I lied to her I do like her. That whole thing about the old lady was fake, but the stuff that was coming out of her mouth seemed like she was about to reject me so I panicked. Everything about her seems so different from the other girls. I finally arrived at the beach and crashed on the smooth sand. No, no, no. I can’t like her. She’s just too awkward. I don’t fall in love with girls. What was I thinking?  

Elizabeth’s P.O.V

I woke up the next morning, feeling like I was drunk. I couldn’t remember anything. I actually didn't want to, but it all came back. I shook my head furiously of how stupid I was. I mean I didn’t like him or anything. I’m not saying he’s unattractive.

Ugh! What am I thinking?

I put all those thoughts aside as I got up. I did my morning routine, except I put on my 2 piece bathing soon. I decided to go to the beach today. Just to get my mind off things.

 LATER…..

I laid my towel down on the ground, and crashed on it. It felt good to be alone and relax for once. At least for a day.

I saw a shadow cover my body.

What is it now?

I started to get annoyed. I didn’t even look at the person, I just stood up and started folding my towel.

“Hey, uh Elizabeth..” a familiar voice greeted.

I snapped my head up. I mentally gasped. It was Josh. I awkwardly smiled, “H--” I paused. I scanned his body, I could feel my cheeks heat up. His was toned. His 6 pack, was, I don’t even know.

‘’Elizabeth?” he yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Oh! Uh..what?” he caught me off guard. Here I go again, embarrassing myself.

"I just wanted to know If you would like to go on an adventure this summer?" he chuckled.

"Wh-What do you mean?" I stampered.

"Well every summer me and my brother, Noah always take a trip somewhere.So this year I want to know if you would like to join us," his tone still a nervous wreck.

I thought about it for a second. I have no problem going, but it was my mom that I was worried about.

“I have to ask my mom first. My mom isn’t the type where she would just let me go somewhere without her,” I joked.

There was an awkward silence between the both of us.

“Where are we going?” I blurted out.

 ‘’It’s a surprise..” he trailed off.

“Oh..”

“Yeah. I’ll talk to you later.” he said before leaving.

I too left the opposite direction. I rushed home, hoping he didn’t see me. I feel like everytime we talk, it's always awkward.

My mom was on the couch watching Tv when I got in. She noticed my appearance and smiled, “Hey.”

“Hi, mom.,"I said glumly.

“What’s wrong?” she asked concerned.

“Nothing.” I said, and went up to my room. I grabbed my journal, and started to write viciously. Even though the day is still young, I found myself falling asleep.

_________________________________________________

A/N-

Picture of Noah on the side :)