Chapter 20: Traitor Executioner

Start from the beginning

"Bloody guards," The boy mumbled as he rose up from his position.

"Are you alright?" Anazella quickly asked while sitting in front of the olive-skinned boy.

He pushed his hair out of his face to stare at the woman surprised. It was like he was expecting to be alone like all the rest of them. What surprised Anazella more was the fact that he was able to move with a number of wounds he was suffering through. His face was barely visible to her, as the darkness was at fault, but she could see his surprise with her own eyes as well.

"Of all people I am firstly paired up with, I never thought I'd see the day. The Mistress of Midnight?" The boy was astounded, and Anazella was confused. Almost everyone knew what the Mistress of Midnight was, but only a select few knew who she actually was.

"Might I ask for your name?"

"My name?" The boy whispered, "I don't have a name . . ."

Anazella cocked her head to the size, now officially confused. This poor boy had no name? He was an adult, presumed to be, yet he had nothing to call himself? Had he been living under a bridge his whole life?

"Emperor Valider has never given me a name ever since I had stayed in this dungeon for the last seventeen years of my life."

"So, you're saying that you've been imprisoned in this awful dungeon for seventeen years?!" Anazella was outraged, furious, completely mad. How could Valider contain one boy for that much time? What was so important to keep him alive? Or down here for that matter? "How are you able to speak? Has he ever taught you?"

"That's the thing," The boy cut, "I was the age of two when I entered the castle. I had already known vast knowledge ever since I was born. I was already talking full at the age of one and six months. I remember everything I come across. Tis why I remember you, Empress Anazella."

"Is that why you are trapped here for so long?"

"I do not think so. That is just a fraction of my reason." He laughed and leaned his head against Anazella's shoulder with heavy breathing, "Perhaps, I will show you if you give me something in return?"

"A bargainer, I see?" Anazella giggled for the first time in the weeks she has been in this hell, "Alright, how about I give you a name? Perhaps a knighthood after that?"

"Sounds like a fair deal." The boy laughed back.

"I shall call you . . ." Anazella stopped to gaze at his sharp jaws with blonde stubble dancing across it. His body very slim from the lack of food in his body. Her gaze lifted to his eyes. They were a dark silver, captivating and almost dangerous. She was sure that any young girl or boy would be drawn in at his young age. What made her breath empty was what was on his forehead. It was a small crystal shape on his forehead while lines like a crown stretched across his hairline. She had definitely seen this before, "Jonah. Your name is Sir Jonah Embers."

His eyes widened at the title, "You give me your last name? I do not possess royal blood likes yours--!"

"Worry not, my knight," She muttered, silencing his panic, "I have more reason behind my choice." She ran her thumb across his mark, wondering if he knew what was growing on his face had so much power. "Now, show me your reasons."

Anazella watched as he grabbed her hand with both of his. A low tone in his throat sung a lowly song. Her ears filled with a deep, soothing voice and his hand began to faintly glow. The cuts on his hands disappeared, and she began to feel like her energy was returning and her wounds healing. Jonah grunted as the marks on his face began to grow. She has seen this before with her own son when Obora had sent her images in her head of the magical moment.