Chapter One

I was fixing the sheets around my sick friend when I heard it. The terrible choking sound and then a muffled wail of pain that meant someone had died. I winced every time and Hazel frowned as she opened her eyes. "Oh, no. I hope it wasn't David," she whispered, her face getting pale. I smiled sadly at her.

"Don't worry. Last time I checked, he's getting better." David was an eight year old boy that Hazel absolutely adored. He had been abused and was very weak.

Hazel stared at the blue wallpaper with an empty look in her eyes. "I hate this place," she said softly, moving and rustling the thin sheets. "There's so much death and agony. I always see crying families trudging past my door and I feel terrible. Terrible that I'm still here while their children just died."

I patted her hand gently. "Don't be," I told her. "I'd miss you too much." She smiled at me and struggled to sit up. "Hazel, don't-"

"I'm so tired of this hospital, you know? I want to get out, be free," she muttered as I pushed her back down carefully. "I want to be away from all this sadness." I felt tears start to pool in my eyes and I sniffled.

"Hazel, please..."

"Oh my god, this is so dumb. Can I just die already? All the doctors do is poke me and tell me I'll get better."

"You will get better."

She sighed and began to settle down. "I doubt it."

I stood up and kissed her cold forehead. "I'll come back tomorrow. Don't you leave me," I murmured. Hazel said goodbye and I left the room, a lump growing in my throat as I held back my tears.

She'll be here tomorrow, I told myself. A choked sob interrupted my thoughts and I looked up from my shoes. A tall man was slumped against the door, his head pressed against the wood. I stood there awkwardly, not sure if I should pass him or attempt to comfort him.

Eventually, the man realized me standing in the middle of the hall and he wiped his tears, hiding his face with his curly locks. Finally, he looked up at me sadly. His beautiful green eyes met my brown ones and I gasped. I was looking into the tear stained face of Harry Styles.

A/N: Haha I hope you like it so far :-) Sorry it's so short! Aw :( this is such a sad hospital! Vote if you want Hazel to live ~