Chapter 20

Harry’s POV

There’s no one else to blame but me. I did this to her. I loosened her tight leash. I did what I thought was best for our relationship. Vanessa and I were doing just fine before I kissed that random girl. Although we fought on a weekly basis, things were manageable.

If I never made that one mistake, which was an accident, none of this would have happened. I never would have almost lost Vanessa. I never would have caused her to temporarily move out. I never would have given her all the space she asked for and most of all, I never would have let her in that damn closet.

The thought of another man touching her in the places where only I am allowed to touch makes my blood boil. The fact that right after the incident happened Nick came and had a conversation with me ticks me off. He tricked me into believing he was a good guy. He did it so I wouldn’t have to be so suspicious.

I swear, the next time I see him, I won’t hold back. I will hurt him because no one can inflict pain on the girl I love. Who gave him the right to touch her? Knowing that Vanessa told him to stop and he continued makes me angrier. Doesn't he know that no means no. He sexually assaulted her and he will pay. She’s mine and I thought everyone knew that.

I told you not to listen to her, Harry. See what happens when you go soft? Know she’s hurt, scarred for life, and it’s your entire fault.

My thoughts have all been the same. The thought I just had was probably one of the nicer thoughts. The voice inside me has said much worse things and it’s what’s making me go crazy.

You just had to have Ed’s approval, didn’t you? Since when did everyone else’s opinion on your relationship mean anything? See Harry, you should have just stuck to your old ways. You and her were both better off.

It's true. I got so lost in my thoughs for the past few weeks. I got to the point where I decided that I needed other people's approval. That was one big mistake of mine. I should never had wanted to get anyones approal on my relationship with Vanessa, it shouldn't have mattered to me. Maybe if I didn't care so much about what other people thought none of this would have happened.

I told her to go to bed.

She didn’t do anything wrong, but I just couldn’t look at her. I didn’t want her near me and I didn’t want to talk to her. I know I hurt her by forcing her to bed, but I didn’t want her to see the state I was in-or well, the state I’m still in. Plus, she kept this from me and didn’t tell me the truth. How can she expect me to protect her when she keeps these kinds of things from me? Something this serious should have been told to me right away.

I got so angry that I felt myself getting teary eyed. I let her down. I let her family down by not protecting her. I let myself down by not doing what I should have been doing this whole time.

I know she wanted me to comfort her, but when I sent her off it made her even sadder. I could hear her crying from our bedroom upstairs for a good hour. I’m sure she cried herself to sleep by now. I want to go up to her and hold her next to me in bed and never let her go, but I’m angry. The more I think about things, the worse I feel.

I’m just so fucking pissed!

He touched what’s mine and he’s going to pay. Sitting on this couch thinking about how I’m going to hurt him isn’t doing anything good. He scared her. He threatened her not to tell people and I don’t like that either.

So I got up, and walked to the kitchen. A pain struck in my stomach thinking about what would have happen a little over an hour ago. We were both so happy. I didn’t have a clue what was on her mind. I was going to make love to her and show her how much she means to me.