Chapter 4

Harry’s POV

It’s already been 4 days since I’ve seen Vanessa. She decided that she was going to stay a bit longer than planned. I could practically hear her nerves as she sought permission through the phone. I guess what made me agree was the fact that she sounded so shaky and hesitant. I hate that she has to feel that way when talking to me. Also, I hadn’t heard her voice in days, so I guess hearing her soft tone weakened me into agreeing so easily. I didn’t even question her reasoning’s as to why she was going to stay longer. Because I trust Ed, I decided not to attack her with questions.

I miss her, a lot.

It’s been weird waking up alone in bed and to an empty house. I miss her happy mood and her beautiful face giving me a kiss in the morning. Who would have thought that being apart for 4 days was enough for me to feel somewhat, lost? Things just feel different. I guess I never realised how much she composes me at home.

For example, sitting at home alone... I got bored. I didn’t think I’d get so frustrated looking for something to do. I thought of maybe pulling out some old tracks I used to listen to, like Bastille’s first album, which I enjoyed very much.

I couldn’t even find where we stashed all our music, but I remember she would go to some room and grab a CD and blast it so while she was cleaning or just bored she wouldn’t have to hear the emptiness of the house.

I can’t sleep at night either. I’ve grown so accustomed to having my arms wrapped around her small waist as her back was relaxed against my chest. I did it every night, no matter how mad we were at each other, we still slept that way. Trying to use a pillow as her replacement in bed hasn’t been very successful.

I ended up having to call her asking where the CD’s were, turns out we have a CD rack in one of the guest bedrooms filled with different albums. When I heard her giggle due to my forgetfulness, I couldn’t help but smile. It felt like we were some high school couple who had late night conversations over the stupidest things. Just hearing her laugh made me want to leave the house, drive to Ed’s and keep her with me for the rest of my life.

But I didn’t do that because she needs me to give her time.

What I’m thankful for, is that tonight she’s coming back. She wanted to stay another night, but I couldn’t find myself to agree.  It’s not like I own her or anything, but the fact that she wanted to get my acceptance of her being away made me feel like she does want me to be comfortable with where she is and what she does. I declined telling her that it would be best if she came home. I tried to convince her that she was staying away too long and Ed might want a night to himself.

I didn’t want to make her feel like she was overstaying her welcome at Ed’s, I just wanted her to come home.

It’s almost 9:30 at night, and she’s due back. I bought her a bouquet of flowers and a box of her favourite candies. I want to show her that I can change over a few nights.

If changing means keeping us together, I can do it.

Change takes time, Harry; you’re getting a head of yourself here. You’ll be back to your old habits soon. This is just a phase. I mentally flicked my conscience out of my brain. I didn’t need it to tell me that I can’t change in a few days.

I can, and I want to prove it wrong. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want to show that I can change and that Vanessa and I can work.

I sat patiently in the living room with the flowers in my hands for another 10 minutes. You should have picked her up.

Just when I was about to have crazy thoughts about where she might be, I heard keys jumbling then the door opening.

There she was; she walked in wearing a brand new outfit. It was nothing fancy, but it made her look amazing. Her jeans hugged her body perfectly showing off her slim curves and fantastic bum. Her shirt was fitted as well, it was a plain pink V-neck, and just like her jeans, it hugged her body revealing her stunning figure. The dip where the “V” of her shirt was showed enough cleavage to make my mouth water, she looked hot but she wasn’t trying, and that never fails to amaze me.