Chapter 2

Harry’s POV

I’m not sure what my dream was about, but it had something to do with Vanessa. I remember seeing her with another guy; his arm was draped around her waist as they walked towards me. This guy didn’t look right. He looked at me with amusement. It’s as though he was bragging that he had her and I didn’t. I remember feeling somewhat hurt. I wanted to kill the guy, Vanessa is mine, and mine only. Why is she letting him touch her? Why is she even with him in the first place? I felt myself panicking in my dream as the anger within me grew as each second passed.

Then I woke up, and when I saw that I was hugging a pillow I wasn’t too happy. What made me angrier was the fact that Vanessa wasn’t in bed with me anymore.

Our usual morning routines would be something like this: She’d wake up first, and then she’d crawl on top of me, straddling me. She would kiss me all around my face until I woke up. Even if we got in a fight the night before, I’d always be awoken by some form of a kiss. I can honestly say it’s a great way to wake up, having the girl you love kissing your face. And when I’d open my eyes, I’d see her charming brown orbs and her long dark brown hair falling down the side of her face. She’d always look like an angel. She never left me alone in bed, and when she did, she’d usually tell me quickly where she was headed and I would carry on with my sleep.

Waking up alone with no warning is not something I like. I hopped out of bed and walked towards our ensuite. It was large, about half the size of our bedroom. There was a white tub with exotic tiling surrounding it. Our stand up shower for two was covered by a clear plastic so the water wouldn’t leak. I turned to the white marble counters, it was empty. I couldn’t help but notice that all her makeup that she’d usually leave on the counter wasn’t there.

This worried me. Where’d she go?

I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed my face. Once I left my room altogether I didn’t even bother changing out of my sweats or even putting a shirt on. That would waste time, and I had to find where Vanessa was.

I searched all of the upstairs bedrooms hoping to find her in one of the unoccupied rooms, but ended with no success. I rushed down the stairs and searched every inch of our living space but she wasn’t there.

I’m not sure what angers me more; the fact that she just left without telling me or the fact that she doesn’t want to talk to me in general.

Why can’t she understand that I love her and only her? I made one mistake, and it was an accident! Just like that, I’m losing her and I won’t allow that to happen.

The only place I can think of where she could possibly be would be at her shop. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my car keys and headed out the door.

Vanessa’s car was missing, so I know she left.

Driving down to her shop was faster than usual. I’m speeding down the street, making sharp turns and abrupt stops at red lights. I guess it’s just my anger that makes me do stupid things like this.

Its things like this that causes us to fight. When she stops telling me things it makes my blood boil and I can’t help but want to yell. How can she expect me to be calm during times like these?

You have to be nice, Harry. She’ll leave you if you don’t. You already fucked things up once, if you don’t contain yourself at her shop, you might as well kiss her goodbye. My conscience was right. I need to approach her calmly and lovingly. I need to show her I can change.

I parked my car right across the store. Her tattoo shop was large. It’s one of the best in all of London, maybe even in all of the country. Her shops called Paradise Ink and it’s very well known. The one thing I don’t like about her business is that she is the only girl who works there.