Chapter 19

Dreshawn's Birthday

Dreshawn

A nigga made it to 21. Right now I'm on the way to the barber shop to get a line-up and shit for tonight.

I haven't seen Sunjai since the night at her house almost a month ago because she went to California to really meet her dad, and she decided to stay for a while but she had just gotten back today and she was coming to my party tonight.

I was excited to see her, she'd put a picture on Instagram and she got a new tattoo on her thigh and I really wanna see it in person, and if I played my cards right tonight I can see more then just that tattoo.

We'd been on good terms as friends just taking things slow but on some real shit, the last thing I wanna be is her friend. I miss my girl, and tonight I was gonna win her back.

I drove down the streets bobbing my head to Webbie "Made Nigga." As I was on my way to the barber shop when my phone rang.

I turned the radio down and answered the phone. "Wassgood?" I greeted.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear sexy ass Dre, happy birthday to you!" Sunjai sung to me for like the third time today.

I chuckled at the little remix she tried to make. "Thank you ma, what you up to?" I asked.
"Nothing, getting my hair done tryna see if I can find me a man tonight." She said laughing.
"Don't get ya lil ass beat gal." I warned.
She smacked her lips. "I'm just playing boy, I'm all about you tonight." She said.
"Just tonight?" I questioned.
"Boy, you know I been about you since I met you." She said. I smirked and licked my lips.
"Ew I bet you over there feeling yourself." She said. "You ain't cute, nigga." She joked. I laughed and I heard a girl say something to her in the background. "Okay I gotta get off this phone before your cousin burn my ear off." She said.
"Alright I'll see you tonight." I said.
"Okay, bye." She said hanging up the phone.

I pulled in front of the barber shop and got out. I locked my car doors when my phone rang again, I answered thinking it was Sunjai calling me back but it wasn't.
"Happy birthday foo, am I still invited to the birthday party or what?" I heard ManMan say.
I took the phone off my ear and looked at it before putting it back to my ear.

I hadn't seen or heard from him since I seen him in the warehouse that night that shit with Jaz went down, I actually hadn't heard from none of them niggas.

"Appreciate that, and nigga where you been?" I asked.
"Mane, I been around just chillen." He said. "I fucked around and got a bitch pregnant and I kinda been tied up in that." He said.
I laughed at that, this nigga? Being a dad?
"Damn son, I feel you. But yeah, come through." I said. "I really been meaning to talk to you about some shit anyway but you been in the wind." I said.
"Alright I'll see you tonight." He said.
"Alright one." I said before hanging up.

I was gonna get to the bottom of this shit before the night was over.

I walked into the barber shop and slapped hands with my barber, before sitting down.

"The regular?" He asked.
"You already know old man." I joked. He laughed before he put the clothes protector on me and started to prepare his station.

I know it was my birthday but there was really only two things on my mind, one was Sunjai and the other was all this weird shit thats been going on with my supposed to be friends.

Everything seems so weird to me right now but maybe I'm overthinking, but I know one thing I don't do snakes in my garden so JP gotta go. That phone call, I let that shit ride for a little too long and he probably think I'm stupid or some shit, but he gone find out I've never been the average nigga.