"Brit, please. I should be the one mad at you. Don't be like this," he said with a heavy sigh, sounding tired.

"And you don't call me like this anymore," I harshly warned, pointing a finger in his direction. "To you, I am Hayley. You lost every right to call me this when you broke our engagement. Remember that?"

"Do you really want to start an argument... Again? Especially today?"

"Take your boxes and get the fuck out of my appartment, John," I calmy said, rubbing the space between my eyes.

"Bri– H-Hayley, it doesn't have to be like this. I can still be here for you, I can–"

"That's funny," I cut him off, forcing a snicker while crossing my arms under my breasts. "You've never been there for me!" I yelled, throwing my hands up. "I'm not in the mood for your bullshit right now, so take your stuff, and get the fuck out."

My ex-fiancé gave me yet another sad look, and took one box from the floor that he put under his arm. He grabbed another one with more difficulty, and put it under his other arm.

"When you told me you were different, I didn't expect you to be this different, and I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to live with that."

"Not as much sorry as I am," I, yet again, harshly said. I walked past him, and opened the door for him, and leant on the frame of it.

He shook his head, and made his way out. "I'll come by another day to take the rest of my stuff. I knew it wasn't the best day to come over, but as you insited..."

"You don't know shit," I mumbled, and closed the door in his face, locking it right away. "Motherfucker," I said under my breath, leaning with my back against the door.

"I loved you. Remember that," I heard him say behind the door, but ignored him.

I ran my hands over my face, and let myself slide all the way down on the ground. I needed to go through that day the same way I went through them for the last six years. The thing is, this time, things were falling appart all around me, and it was harder for me to even think straight.

I put my knees against my chest, and curled up like this, on the floor, for a couple of minutes. My eyes landed on the two boxes that were next to me, as I remembered the times John and I spent together: some good, some other bad; the fights, the make-ups; the laughter, the tears... The times where I could still call him my other half.

I looked at my left hand where my engagement ring once was, and passed my fingers on the now empty spot. I looked blankly at it for a few moments, as memories came flooding my mind, just like it had happened every once in a while for the last couple of months.

"You really don't like it when people look at you while you're eating, huh?" John asked, as we were both gathered around the ktichen table, eating lunch.

"Stop it!" I shouted with my mouth full of food, and threw a dish towel in his direction.

"Why do you hate this so much? You're beautiful even when you're eating," he seriously said, his elbows on the table which surpported his head which was in his hands.

"I don't like it, that's all," I shrugged, chuckling, as I wiped my mouth with a napkin. "Don't even try to understand me."

"I won't," John chuckled as well, wipping the corner of my mouth. "You're still a mystery to me, Hayley Thames," he caressed my right cheek gently.

"Is this a compliment or what?" I raised an eyebrow with an half smile. "John?" I asked as he didn't answer but kept on looking at me.

"Marry me, Brit," he told me, completely out of the blue.