Chapter 17

Chapter 17

* Alice's pov *

Thrill is a very thrilling thing. 

It gives you an adrenaline rush that cannot replace any feeling.

Football is what thrills me the most.

It has always thrilled me and always will.

Well except for now , Niall thrill me as well.

Being with him make me so happy.

His kisses , his hugs , his voice , his smell , his words , everything things is do addictive about him that it thrills me to no extent.

So as of now , football and Niall Horan thrill me .

Today is the final match between Bradford City club and FC Barcelona.

Today is the most anticipated day where the fate of the two teams will be decided.

Today is the day to get the fruit of all the hard work we have done all season.

Today is the day when our limits will be tested.

Today is the day I have to lead my team to victory and protect them not only from our rivals but also from our own team mate , Suri .

" All right girls remember no one can take these 90 minutes away from you. For these 90 minutes forget the media , the prize money and the luxuries of life and play like it is the last game of your life. You have worked hard and it is time to show that we are the strongest team. Play for your club , for your people , for your teammates , for yourself but play as one. I won't tell you how to play because you know exactly what you're supposed to do , all I can say is enjoy.  Now pull up your socks and kick some asses. " the coach dismisses us.

I wrap my hair with a hairtie and stuff my belongings in the locker. I unlock my phone to switch it off but see a message from Niall.

From Irish snowflake :

It doesn't matter if you win or loose , you will alway be a winner for me. You have already won my heart and you are going to win this cup as well. GO ALICE!!!

    -xoxo your nialler

A huge grin made its way on my face.

I love this boy beyond words.

All of us were standing in the tunnel waiting for the announcement to go on the pitch.

"Put your hands together for the two competing teams, here they are your players. " the announcer cheered as we made our way to the pitch.

As soon as we stepped on the green turf a loud uproar of the crowd was heard. Everyone was going crazy cheering us and that made my adrenaline go 500 time higher.

After their league song ended the captains were ushered for the toss.

As we were visitors we could not  choose which side of the coin we wanted but ended up getting tails.

The toss was won by Bradford which meant they were to choose which side of the field they wanted and they start first.

The referee blew the whistle indicating the match had started.

15 minutes into the game and we were still goalless. Our ball possession was good but we weren't able to convert only because one player refused to cooperate.

Suri was being a total bitch. She was purposely missing chances and not passing the ball.

I ran down the left side and tackled the defender to the ground. The refree said play on and I ran towards the goal post.

There were two defenders ahead of me and when I looked around there was no one to pass the ball to.

Knowing that I won't be able to score I tried taking the shot from a distance.

I kicked the ball hard and it went straight into the left crossbar and I scored.

The score was now 0-1 and we were leading with one goal.

After half however , Bradford started to dominate the game and it was getting harder to keep the ball possesion.

2 of our players had earned a yellow card and another player was injured.  We were loosing possesion and Bradford were creating opportunities.

Our goalkeeper was making some amazing saves and she was the one who was keeping the score as it is.

I was being marked so I wasn't getting openings. I needed to score before Bradford.

The 90 minutes were up and now the game was going into extra time which was for 3 minutes.

I found a way eventually to break the man to man marking and it was giving me much more space to play.

It was the 92nd minute and I found an opening. I made a run towards the goal post and a defender was hot on my trail. She would tackle me to the ground any minute .

I looked on the right side where Suri was taking a run towards the goal post. She was free and there was no defender near her.

So keeping my ego aside I passed the ball to Suri and as predicted she scored. 

After the she scored, she ran up to me and jumped on me.

" I'm sorry " she said before engulfing me in a hug.

All our teammates jumped on us to celebrate the winning of our team.

We had defeated Broadford 0-2 and we were the winners of the cup.

I looked around in the stands and spotted Niall cheering.

I ran up to him and climbed the railing.

He grabbed me and kissed me square on the lips. I responded immediately and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I told you you would win" he said as soon as he pulled away.

"Thank you. " I said kissing his nose.

" For what ?" he asked me 

"For believing in me. " I said.

" I will always believe in you. " he said taking my bottom lip between  his teeth.

I knew know that this moment was the right time to confess him my love. 

"I love you. " I blurted out.

I expected him to be happy and say it back but instead his face fell and he looked panicked.

Seeing his reaction crumpled my heart into little pieces .

( a / n :

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Follow me on -

Instagram : cold_heartx

Twitter : cold_heartxx

Tumblr : coldheartfanfictions.tumblr.com

~ chx )