Chapter 5

'RIP JAI DECKER '

Chapter 5

"Arctic Monkeys "

"Coldplay"

"No Arctic Monkeys ."

"Definitely Coldplay "

"No Alex Turner "

So here we are sitting in the Bradford City Park , arguing about our favourite band.

"No Chris Martin. "

"Are you kidding me? Alex can literally seduce with his vocab knowledge. "I argued.

"Chris has a good vocab too , his songs are deep." Niall argued back.

"No way. Alex is much better with words. " I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why do you emphasise so much on words? " he asked turning to me. His eyes shining like a kid when he gets candy .

"Since I was a kid words have fascinated me . I've always admired people who could play with words. You know words can make or break a nation. One wrong word and bam! Welcome to hell. " I explained.

He did not reply after that, just kept staring at me , his eyes running all over my face , a small smile on his face.

"Why are you staring ?" I asked him.

" You're beautiful and so complicated. I'm trying to figure you out. "

"Kind sire, there is not one man born on this Earth who can understand me. "I said looking away from his intense gaze.

"Well my lady, there wasnt't a man born yet, I'm here now. " he stated proudly.

" You're so full of yourself ." I said rolling my eyes .

"Am I now?"

"Totally. " I said rolling my my eyes

"So tell me My lady , which is that one line that has made an impact on you? " he asked.

"Well it's hard to choose but there is one that I never forget. Well it's not a line but a you can call it a ballad or phrase. It goes like ;

he walked like a poem with lungs that breathe and heart that beats / he talks with an sinful smirk that speaks like an enormous plethora of words / his touch has a louder voice than any tongue could ever produce/ when he laughs , I feel a storm conjuring in the sky / the way he looks at me - like he wants to scatter bruises all over my throat the way I have scattered my corrupted pieces all over the floor / people always say that you read your first poem on a page of a book but I knew poetry when my eyes found his "

We just stared at each other for a long time . No words were said , the atmosphere was silent and all I could concentrate on was his blue eyes .

In that moment I felt the connection I had felt the first night when I met him.

Staring into his eyes did something to me. He made me feel elated even though I hadn't touched a drop of alcohol.

In that moment I almost forgot how to breathe and I had to remind my inner essence to take a deep breath and inhale the this moment.

"Say something. " I whispered breaking the silence .

He stared at me for a little longer and finally spoke up.

"umm..Something? " he exhaled.

And I laughed.

I laughed as if it was the end of the world , like it was the funniest thing he said, I laughed freely. There was nothing stopping me from feeling free.