Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Isn't this place absolutely beautiful ?" Suri gushed as we watched the families having a leisure time in the Bradford city park.

"yeah.." I sighed. "Do you remember the time we used to go backpacking when we were 15?"

"it used to be so fun. You , me , mum , dad and Cole. We used to roast marshmallows and dad used to tell all of us stories. They were the best times. " she said rubbing her hands.

"Look how the times changed Sur ... we've come so far and there's an endless road ahead. I just wonder sometimes why do things change ? Why can't the good days be constant ? "

"well you see if good day's were constant then so would the bad days. So there has to be a balance. " suri explained.

"But it's so contradictory. Good and bad , night and day , fire and ice. Why do opposites attract ? "

"Because they don't know anything about each other. They're so different and it drives them crazy because they want to know more about 'the unknown '. That's what drives them towards each other. " Suri said

" suri ? Do you think that will ever happen with us ? The opposites attract each other theory? Will we ever find someone who will drive us crazy yet keep us calm at the same time ? Will we ever be able to experience the thrill that comes when we fall for someone ?"

"I guess we'll have to see as we walk along the road. Take chances , meet people , discover. That's the only way we'll ever be able to find out. " she shrugged.

"I guess you're right." I said looking up at the sky.

"what's with the questions ?" she asked glancing at me briefly.

"oh nothing, I was just wondering. " it was my turn to shrug.

As I was admiring the sunset when Suri abruptly got up and started dusting herself off.

"where the hell are you going ?" I asked

"we ... We're going to a party. " she said reaching for my hand and pulling me up.

"um...I'm not sure if I want to go to a party. " I said. "we've just travelled a lot and honestly I'm so tired. We'll go some other day. "

"Since when are you not up for parties ?" she raised an eyebrow.

Since that night.

"I'm tired sur. You go on I'm gonna call it a night. "

.

.

.

.

.

One thing I've learned all these years is Suri doesn't know how to take no for an answer.

So here I was , in a little black dress and motherfucking high heels ... Trying to walk in a straight line towards the club.

"Oh for god's sake walk faster Alice you're wasting precious time. " Suri grumbled.

"excuse me for trying to balance myself in these things you call heels. Honestly suri I was much better off in my converse at least I would not be looking like an asshat with wobbly knees in a tight fitted dress that is suffocating my skin , Jesus Christ how do you wear these things ?" I scowled at her.

"just loosen up a bit Alice you're worrying too much. " suri said rolling her eyes and increasing her pace.

The club to say the least was like any other clubs you find in the country. Reeking of alcohol and wasted people grinding on the dance floor in dim lights where I can't even see my feet.