"But you'll need to help me out after." She called over her shoulder, placing one hand on her back to support her large protruding belly.

Normani couldn't help but let out a laugh, shaking her head lovingly. "I'll always be here to help pull you out of the bathtub, baby." She called back, grinning to herself at Ally's beautiful laugh.

While her tiny wife was relaxing, Normani began to clean up their dinner remains from the living room, putting their leftovers in the fridge and their used plates and glasses in the sink.

She was just picking up the extra chopsticks and napkins the restaurant sent over when she heard it.

A loud, slow, stretched out,

"Maaaanniiiiii....."

Eyebrows furrowing, Normani placed everything back down on the coffee table and retreated into their bedroom, then peeking her head into their en suite. "Ally?"

The tiny blonde was standing by the filling bathtub, dry and nude, staring down at a large puddle on the white bathmat between her legs. Brown, wide eyes slowly raising to meet those of her concerned wife.

Normani glanced at the puddle, not understanding and only being further confused. "You're done with your bath already? You barely look like you got in."

Ally slowly shook her head, her hands moving to her stomach, now much lower than it had been an hour prior. "The baby dropped.... and then my water broke."

Normani's grip on the doorway slipped and she almost fell face first onto the hard tile of their bathroom at Ally's words, eyes wide and mouth opening and closing, unsure of how to respond. "W...what? Are you sure?"

With the shock slowly washing away, Ally rolled her eyes at her dense wife and glared at her. "Of course I'm fucking sure, Normani! What, do you think I pissed myself?!"

"Well.. I-I don't know! You haven't had much control of your bladder lately so maybe--" Normani began to stammer, heart pounding and ears ringing.

"Normani Kordei don't you dare finish that sente--" a fairly large contraction suddenly hit her and Ally cried out loud, hand flying to grip whatever was nearest to her, the towel rod. "Ow, fucking shit!"

Seeing her wife doubled over in pain made Normani instantly spring into action, hurrying to her side and taking her hand. "Okay, okay, don't worry, everything is going to be fine. Is this your first contraction?"

Ally groaned painfully, shaking her head. "No, I don't think so. I had them today but I thought they were Braxton hicks so I ignored them. I'm barely eight months I didn't think I'd be in labor!"

Normani took a deep breath as the tiny blonde squeezed her hand hard, "Fuck, alright. Let's get you dressed and we'll head to the hospital, okay baby? Come on. We can call our parents and the girls on the way there. Alright baby?"

Ally nodded with a whimper, eyes brimming with tears as the darker woman led her out of their bathroom after shutting the bathtub off. "ManiBear?" She whimpered, squeezing her hand.

"Yeah Allycat?"

"We're having our babies."

Normani beamed at her, kissing her cheek lovingly. "We're having our babies."

xxxxxxx

"Mmhm, love you too mom. See you later." Lauren sighed, hanging up the phone, rubbing her face as she turned around to leave the kitchen. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she saw a wide eyed Camila standing in the kitchen doorway, her own phone clutched in her hand. "What?" She asked slowly, tired and sick of this day.

"Ally is in labor." Camila replied, face remaining the same. Eyes wide and mouth shut. "She and Normani are on the way to the hospital now."

Lauren's face quickly matched that of her wife's, jaw dropping instead of remaining closed. "Holy fuck - are you serious?" At Camila's confirming nod, Lauren quickly rounded the counter separating them and bounded into the mudroom leading into the garage. "Well fuck, let's go then! Did they call your mom?"

Camila rushed to follow the brunette, shoving on a pair of flats and grabbing one of her sweaters out of the coat closet to her left as she shook her head. "No, Mani told me to. They're calling Andrea. Can you call Dinah?"

Lauren nodded, grabbing her car keys off the hook and opening the garage door at the same time while Camila struggled with her sweatshirt. "Oh fuck, the girls!" Lauren froze with wide eyes, remembering her daughters.

"-Are with Dinah," Camila grunted, finally in her sweater.

Lauren sighed in relief and nodded, allowing Camila to exit the house first before locking the door and following her to the car, sending a message to the tall blonde as she walked.

xxxxxxx

A quiet ping sounded in the car and Dinah glanced at her phone screen, resting in the cup holder. She knew better than to text and drive so she picked up the phone and threw it to the nine year old in the back. "Ay, Mini-Lo, can you read your momma's text to me?"

Harper didn't even flinch as she caught the iPhone thrown at her. She was completely used to her Aunt Dinah. "Sure Auntie DJ." She pressed on the home button and the screen lit up with the new text.

Lauser: Mani called - Ally in labor, meet us at hospital.

Harper read out loud, looking up to meet Dinah's wide brown eyes in the rearview mirror. "What's that mean?"

Dinah almost choked at the text, looking staring at the road and making sure there were no cars around them for her sort-of (okay very) dangerous move. "It means your Aunt Ally is having the babies, so we gotta go to the hospital. Hold on tight Rugrats, and don't tell your mamas what I'm about to do." Pressing hard on the brakes, Dinah made a tight U-turn and sped off towards the hospital.