Finally Home

I've only been home a few hours and there's been way to many surprises. One I found out that Alex said her first word even if it is mama and two I find out that my best friend from high school has moved to Seattle.
Myself, Mark and Lori were best friends all the way through high school, college and up until now but the last time I saw her was when I was in Scotland. She's now in Seattle after being transferred from Boston for a better job as a paediatrician.
I was sitting in the living room talking to Meredith when Lori walked in with Mark.
"Shepherd!!" She said pointing at me
"Scott!!!" I said standing up and walking over to her and wrapped her in a hug.
"I missed you big guy" she said releasing us from the hug
"You too dude" I replied laughing
"Meredith this is Lori Scott, Lori this is my wife Meredith Grey" I said wrapping my arm around Meredith's waist.
"It's nice to meet you Lori I've heard so much about you" Meredith said
"Nice to meet you too and I can't believe you have put up with Shepherd for this long" Lori said making her laugh.
Just as we all sat down I heard Alex waking up from her nap so I got up and checked on them.
When I walked through both Alex and Chris were up and moving around in their beds.
"Hey guys look who's back" I said to them
"Daddy!" Chris shouted running into my arms
"Hey buddy miss me?" I asked
"I missed you this much" he said extending his arms.
"I missed you this much too" I replied extending mine.
"Why don't we get your baby sister and go through and see who's here" I said picking Alex up and walking hand in hand with Chris.
"Daddy look it's Uncle Mark" he shouted running to him
"Hey buddy miss me" he asked
"Yes I did...Uncle Mark where's Aunt Lexie" he asked Mark from his lap
"She is at work but she's coming over for dinner later" he explained
"Christopher this is your Aunt Lori" Meredith said to him which made me smile because it means that she accepted Lori.
"Hi Aunt Lori" he said jumping off of Marks knee and hugging her then sitting next to Mer.
"And this is Alexandra Carolyn Shepherd" I said passing her over for her to hold.
For the next few hours Meredith and Lori got to know each other and they immediately hit it off.
7:40PM
We had just set the table when Lexi walked in.
"Hey Chris look who's here" Mark said and Chris went running into her arms.
As Lexi got closer she stopped and stared at Lori.
"Derek do you know that Lori Scott, East Coasts best paediatric surgeon is sitting at your dinner table" she said starstruck.
"Yes we've been friends since high school she's now working at the hospital" I said explaining things to her.
"Wow well it's nice to meet you" Lexi said shaking her hand
"You too" Lori replied
I'm so happy everybody is getting along its the boost everybody needs to get by....
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hope you enjoy this new character as she will be in it for a long time.
The second chapter of "The Choice" is up and they are fairly long chapters. I have started off as flashbacks before the actual storylines start...

Abbie xx