"We aren't finished Circe."

"Last time I checked we were." I snapped, yanking my arm out of his hold with one quick jerk. "I've had enough of you for one night."

He growled loudly. "It didn't seem like that before." He retorted and I spun around to face him, feeling my anger flare up. 

"I don't know what you are talking about."

He lifted an eyebrow challengingly. "Oh really?"

"Yes really." I hissed.

"Oh come on Circe, I know that you feel something for me. You're trying to deny it but it's not working, you can't help but watch me, touch me, want to be close to me." With every word he was moving closer and closer to me but I held my ground and gritted my teeth as he words hit nerve after nerve. He was right, everything he said was true.

"I know you want me." He finished, coming to a stop in front of me, his hand lifting up to touch my face. 

I slapped his hand away and glared at him in fury. "Why are you saying all of this? What do you expect to get out of this? Are you hoping I'll end up kissing you like last time, just so you can wipe my memories again?" I spat, not caring about the fact that I had just told him I knew what he had done, at that moment I was simply too mad. 

His expression for once was shocked. "You remembered?" He whispered, so quietly that I almost didn't catch it. 

I glared at him furiously. "Of course I remembered. You really are a selfish self centered barstad. And here was me thinking that you might have had some shred of humanity in you. Obviously I was wrong." My voice was cold and my words were harsh. Somewhere in the back of my mind a voice was screaming at me, telling me that he didn't deserve that, but I didn't care. I couldn't believe that he had had the nerve to do something like that and the fury that I had been unable to release at the time was catching up with me. 

I thought that I saw a flicker of hurt flash across his face before it vanished and was carefully replaced with a stone cold mask that reached all the way up to invade his smoldering eyes. 

"Well if that's how you feel," He said cooly. "I guess you won't be needed this selfish barstad to get down then."

Before I had realized what was happening he had reached out for one of the loose ropes that hung from the crossbow overhead and jumped up onto the edge of the crows nest. 

He gave a sarcastic bow and tipped an imaginary hat towards me, his smile sardonic. "Good evening M'lady, excuse me for not sticking around to help you down, I can be a little self centered at times, or so I've been told." His voice was so bitter that I felt a pang of guilt ache in my chest but I quickly pushed it away and replaced it with a scowl as I gave him my cheek. 

There was a whoosh of air and when I looked back to where he had been standing, there was nothing but an empty space. I hurried over to the railing in time to see him swinging on the rope far below and landing gracefully on a crossbeam of one of the smaller masts. He turned and nimbly began his descent down to the deck with incredible speed that was no doubt fueled by his anger.  As soon as he feet touched down on the deck he stormed towards his quarters, not looking back once. Fury rolled off him in waves and even from my birds eyes position I could see his hands shaking and he slammed the door with such force that it re-opened and I heard him curse loudly as he slammed it a second time, this time it stayed closed.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and my legs wobbled slightly as I sank down onto the platform, leaning back against the side of the crows nest and tilting my face upwards so I could see the stars and feeling slightly shocked at how quickly the mood had changed.