Chapter 1

(Y/N) your name
(F/N) father's name
-------
WARNING: SLIGHT GORE AND DEATH AHEAD.
-------
You stared in shock as your parents' bodies hit the ground, the life pouring out of them. As the man who shot them walked around the room, you sunk further into your hiding place to not be seen. All you had on you was your dad's golden eagle pistol. He had given it to you so you could defend yourself. Being fourteen now, your father had taken you on a few hunting trips and you knew how to shoot a gun.

You just didn't think you would have to shoot another human. All because your parents didn't think monsters were bad.

There were a few groups of humans that thought that Monsters had as much rights as humans and deserved to be on the surface. They were often times joining monster groups and fighting against though who thought the monsters should either die and go back to the underground. A lot were often hunted down and killed, along with their families.

This is what was happening to you now.

Your parents were both in the biggest monster gang there was, led by the royal family themselves. You didn't know many of them in it. There was the king and queen, along with their adoptive child Frisk, who liked to be called young boss. There was a robot named Mettaton and his cousin Napstablook, who had made all the songs you had in your MP3 player in your pocket. There was Alphys, who made Mettaton's body, and her girlfriend Undyne. They apparently were friends with two skeletons who were both around your age but you never met them. The only times you went was to watch Frisk and stay there when your parents went out.

Of course, you probably wouldn't ever see them again. Seeing that you may die tonight.

"There you are you little brat!" The man said and pulled you out by your hair. You yelled out in pain and pointed the gun at him, pulling the trigger.

Blood spattered against you, the walls, and the floor.

You had shot straight through his skull. His eyes had rolled into the back of his head as blood and his brain leaked out. You gasped in horror and took a step back, shocked at what you had done.

"Jeff?! What's going on in there?! Are they dead yet?! Hurry up before those idiot monsters get here!" The guy's friend called out from outside and you panicked before running to your room and grabbing a backpack. Packing clothes and some emergency cash you had, along with a few other things, you climbed out the window and into the night.

You never let go of your father's pistol though.

_later that night at your house_

Asgore and Undyne both walked in and saw the bloody bodies but not you.

"Spear, go and look around the house for (Y/N)" Asgore told her and Undyne nodded before going through the house, a spear in hand. Asgore sighed and looked at your parents bodies before at the man's that you had killed. He noticed the bullet and frowns.

"This is from the gun (F/N) said he would give to (Y/N) for protection... Meaning she is likely alive and probably killed him on accident. Oh that poor child..." He said to himself as he stood up again, pocketing the bullet.

Undyne walked in and shook her head. "(Y/N) is no where to be found but her window is open and her backpack is gone, along with some stuff from her room." She reported and he nodded.

"It seems she killed in self defense and fled. We should probably find her before she gets hurt." Asgore told her and Undyne nodded, worried for you.

They never did find you that night. For you had been long gone.

_five years later_

You walked down the streets of the city, keeping your hood up and the pistol hidden in your pocket. Not many were on the streets today, a couple of Monsters or humans going where they need to. This was a neutral area so it was common to see both kinds here.

You slipped into an alleyway and sighed, checking your bag to see how much you had. Enough for dinner but not enough for a room. You cursed under your breath and walked out again, going to a restaurant nearby called Grillby's. It was cheap, which was good for you.

You walked in and sat at the bar, keeping your hood up. You didn't have a good rep with some.

Grillby came up and you ordered (fries/burger) along with a vanilla milkshake. Once he left to get your food you glared a bit at your arm, the wound on it bleeding through the bandages and your hoodie. You quickly went to the bathroom and changed the bandages, making sure to tighten them before going back and sitting again.

You had gotten in a fight earlier, earning the wound and killing the two men with shots to the head. You had gotten better at the thought of killing and death, since it meant survival for you. Didn't mean you killed for pleasure though, just self defense when it meant life or death.

Grillby handed you your food and you paid him before digging in. Food and shelter were hard to get at times. Most nights it was either food or shelter. Tonight was one of those.

You ignored it as a person sat beside you, not caring who or what they were.

"Hey Grillz, the usual." They said and Grillby nodded before sliding him a bottle of ketchup. You almost raised an eyebrow but decided to not let them know you were looking.

You glanced at the person to see a skeleton wearing a fedora and a suit with a blue tie. He was a bit on the shorter side. Looked dangerous and/or wealthy. You better keep him in mind so you don't forget him and make a mistake.

Finishing your food, you left the resturant and traveled down the road as it started to rain. "Oh joy. My lucky day." You mumbled to yourself as you pulled your hood further over your face and walked down the road. Having the feeling of being followed, you pulled out a mirror and used it to look behind you.

Living on the streets sure taught you a few things.

Using the mirror, you saw that skeleton from before following you. Though, he certainly made sure to hide it, walking a long ways behind you, making sure to seemingly not be following or hides whenever you actually look. Why was he following you? You haven't pissed off any monsters. Humans plenty, but none of them would ever work with a monster.

So why the hell does he want you?

_End of chapter_