VIII. party crashers

Start from the beginning

"No," Regina whispers in shock.

It cannot be them. The mist disappears in a second and there they are, the White Witch and Jack Frost, wearing their signature smirks on their pale faces.

"Hello," the witch greets before making her way inside.

"What are you doing here?" Mary Margaret demands.

"I hope we didn't disturb your party," Jack frowns sarcastically.

"Regina," the witch smiles flakily.

"Jadis," Regina replies in monotone.

"I'm sure you know who we're looking for," Jadis smirks.

"And that is?" Regina questions.

"Tahlia Kennedy, you know, the most powerful sorcerer in the Enchanted Forest, your son's girlfriend, the best friend of our old slave," Jack describes.

"How do you know all of that?" Emma asks in bewilderment.

"We have some pretty powerful magic, Swan, magic that makes yours look mediocre," Jadis smirks, "now, where is she?"

Henry's grip on Tahlia's wrist tightens, but despite his quiet pleads not to move she pulls away from him and pushes through the crowd. Jadis is uglier up close, dark blue eyes filled with hatred, her pale skin looking almost broken. Her blonde hair is in dreads, clumped together from the cold that she surrounds herself with.

Her body is thin, her skin with pink and brown patches, her dress is white and long, but covered in brown stains and rips. Jack stands beside her, he seems a lot more groomed, his white hair swooped across his forehead. He looks noticeably smugger, a smirk seemingly permanent on his face. His eyes are bright blue, filled with mischief, Jack seems a lot like Pan, but Jack is so much worse. He wears no shoes, his shirt long and blue, and his brown pants ripped at the bottom.

"Tahlia, you're a lot weaker than I thought you'd be," Jadis smirks.

"Well, you're a lot uglier than I expected," Tahlia replies.

Jadis' smirk disappears, "you have a big mouth for someone that I could kill in the blink of an eye," she growls.

"You're about as thick in the head as your dreadlocks," Tahlia crosses her arms.

Everyone watched intently, praying that Jadis will not attack.

"Let's see how much you can talk on the battlefield," Jack steps forward, "we'll see you tomorrow Tahlia."

They turn around and in only a moment they are gone, leaving everyone to stare at the spot they had been, silent. Anna suddenly rushes forward and shoves Tahlia.

"You're an idiot!" she shouts.

"Tahlia, you're going to get yourself killed," Chloe snaps once she reaches them.

"I'm more than willing to die to protect this town," Tahlia practically growls

"Tahlia, you can't throw yourself under the bus like that," Emma points out.

"It's either me, or everyone else," she shrugs.

She is trying to stay confident, but inside she is panicking, it is so clearly evident in her eyes.

"Okay, the party's over," Mary Margaret announces.

"No," Tahlia interjects, she waves her hand and all the damage Jadis and Jack had left behind disappears. The music begins to play again, "it's your birthday, have fun," Tahlia smiles.

Mary Margaret smiles in return and hugs Tahlia, "thank you," she mumbles.

When they pull away Tahlia smiles again before heading towards the hall's doors.