Chapter 30 ~ Funeral & Other Surprises

It was saturday an that meant the funeral was today. I hate funerals with a passion. I hate seeing people cry to. Ughh this gonna be a long ass day.

"You ready?" LaNiya asks me.

"I Guess" I say looking at myself in the mirror again.

"Roll out" Robert says sounding like Kevin Hart. I start to laugh. "Y'all come on. Joshua we finna roll out"

"Ight. Im coming"

":Aww look at you with your tuxedo" I say. "You look soo cuteeee brodie"

"Man move" he says. I start pinching his cheek. 

"Looking like a bag of money" LaNiya says.

"I thought that was for females" Joshua says.

"It is. I was admiring myself. The fuck?" She says making me bust out laughing. I swear this mu nigga forreal.

"Watch yo mouth. Come on" Robert says thumping LaNiya up the head.

"You look nice" Kjay says hugging me.

"You do too" I say holding his hand.

"You gone cry?" he asks me.

"Of course" I say. He smiles. Kreshawn mom wanted us to walk in with the family since we was so close to him.

"Jaheem" I say. He walks toward me.

"I Love you brodie" I say hugging an kissing his cheek.

"Love you too sis" he says. I could tell he already been crying.  We can hear the choir start to sing so we know its time to start walking in. Everyone gets in line.  Me and Kjay is paired off. Then theres Chantel an Joshua. Then LaNiya an Jaheem, The rest of the family is in front an behind. As we're walking in theres so many students from school. An teachers. This was a huge church so it was big enough. Kreshawn mother was crying badly. They had to pull her from the casket. When I got to the casket I smiled down at Kreshawn. He was in a better place an thats all that matters. 

"Love you Kreshawn. Wish you was with me now laughing an telling me how beautiful I was. You will always be a soldier." I say as my eyes start to get watery, Me and Kjay start to walk to our seats.

The funeral was about 3 hours. An the pastor knew he could preach. We were all at his mom house with the rest of the family.

"That was nice but sad" LaNiya says.

"Forreal. Just last week I never thought I would be on a church ground looking at my homie in a casket" Chantel says  sounding like shes about to cry.

"Hey hey hey. No more crying. Kreshawm will want us to be smiling now. I know it still hurts but we gotta keep our lives moving" I say.

"You right" they both say

"Diamond go home" Kjay says coming up to me with Jaheem and Joshua.

"What?'' I ask.

"Im calling Robert to come pick you and LaNiya up" Joshua says.

"Why? Whats going on?" I ask confused.

"Oh shit" Chantel says looking in a certain direction.

"What are you....." I stop talking an see a face that I never had wanted to see again. My life flashed right in front of me.

OH SHIT OH SHIT WHO IS IT?!? Haaaannnnn Yall thought this chapter was over? Lmfaoo nahh lemme stop playing with yall emotions.

"What is he doing here?" I ask.

"We dont know Diamond" Kjay says.

"Why is Uniqua and Dontrell talking to him? Take me home. Im scared right now. Take me home. Call Robert" I say.

"Diamond nothing can happen to you we're all here" Joshua says.

"Y'all was at the party to remember?" I say.

"Diamond chill. I dont even know whats going on" LaNiya says.

"Robert text back saying he's on his way" Joshua says.

"Can we like walk off" I ask.

"Diamond calm down. He aint gonna try nothing" Jaheem says.

"Im just ready to......"

"Kjay I didnt know you was going to be here" Says Miracle.

''Kreshawn was like my brother even tho me an him always had competition. Why wouldnt I show up?: he says.

"Cause I texed you an it says you read the message" she says.

"Cause I did" Kjay says.

"Whats your problem?" He asks.

"Kjay look Im pregnant. Ok? You're round here acting like you dont no me. But guess what 9 months from now you fucking will know me and this child of yours. So stop the non sense an step up an be a father' she says an walks away.

"The fuck Kjay?" Chantel says pushing him.

"Bruh what the hell? Thats your basketball career" Joshua says.

"Thats not only your basketball career but thats your what? Third or fourth chance trying to get with me? Come on LaNiya our ride is here" I say walking off from the crowd an going to Roberts car. I was so pissed at so many things right now.  I thought my life was turning around. Now look at this shit. Back to were it was in the first place. As I get in the car I feel eyes on me. An I turn around to see Meek grinning at me. I cant do nothing but grin back. Nigga you already had the best of me. You thinking that you grinning at me gone cause me to bitch up? Nah nigga just because you wasnt guilty dont mean this shit over yet. Dont get me wrong Im scared as shit since he's back in town. But I always been taught never show any fear toward anyone. An thats what I gotta do....

80 - 250 Votes

40-56 comments :D