[ hoshi ]

[ requested by my friend ahahaha ]
7pm.

They must be trying to come up with a choreography again, I'm pretty sure they'll come back late.

I wonder if they've eaten, hmm...

No matter what, I think I'll make them some food and go visit them at Pledis! They must've been working hard for their new comeback.

But there's one problem...

I heard from Mingyu that the song had been hard to record, and their comeback is in two weeks, but without the song, Soonyoung wasn't able to choreograph a song. He has two weeks left, and he's not getting any ideas whatsoever.

No wonder he seemed so down for the past few days; I'm worried for him.

All the more I should go to Pledis.

I'll make some kimbap. I'm hoping this'll bring the spirits of seventeen up, and I'm also hoping Soonyoung'll be happier when he sees me. I finish it all up as fast as I can and change into simple clothing.

While walking out of the apartment, my phone rings. Seungcheol? He rarely calls me, did something happen?

"Hello?" I greet and I meet Seungcheol's flustered voice.

"(Y/N), can you come over as soon as possible if you're free?"

I smile. "I'm already on the way, I was thinking of visiting you guys anyways! Did something happen?" I ask and I hear mumbling on the other end.

"Soonyoung has been really stressed, I think you're the only one that can help him." Seungcheol says and I feel my wide smile diminish immediately.

"What...?" I ask and Seungcheol says, "You'll know when you come over yourself."

"I'm coming!" I end the call and practically run to the studio.

~At the practice room~
"I'm here!" I shout, panting loudly and putting the kimbap on the table before walking to Seungcheol and asking him what exactly happened to Soonyoung.

"He doesn't have any ideas for the choreography, and the performance team has some other things to do, so they can't help. He seems really depressed and desperate right now, because he can't do anything. He's crying in the room next door." Seungcheol says and I'm already running towards the door with Hoshi's kimbap.

"Have fun eating!" I say before shutting the door and run into another room.

It's dark. No lights, no nothing. Just muffled sobs, the coldness and stillness of the room. Nothing else.

The sobs sound so distant yet so close.

I don't turn on the lights, but instead walk to the person curled up in a corner, standing in front of him.

I put down the food on the chair right beside him.

"I said to not disturb me." He says with a trembling voice but I sit down beside him instead.

He grabs my hand, but stops. Maybe it's because he felt that familiar wrist, or simply my wrist was way too thin for a guy's.

"It's me." I whisper gently and he places his head on my shoulder immediately, sobbing even louder than he already did.

"(Y/n), why am I so useless?" He asks me and I soothe out his hair.

"Who ever told you you were useless, hmm?" I say, a small smile tugging on my lips.

He was never useless. Not to anyone. But he's not perfect either, but that's exactly what makes him the Soonyoung I love, and will love.

"I don't have to be told. I'm just like that. It can never be changed." Soonyoung says, his tears erupting once again, piercing my heart.

"Baby, can I say something?" I move my hand to his shoulder and he inches closer to me.

"Of course, whatever you'd like." He mumbles with a cracked voice.

"I think you're pushing yourself too much, hmm? You're not the Soonyoung I used to know. The Soonyoung I know would never give up, even when things are terribly hard. He'd always tell himself 'I can do it', and he never fails. He'd always make it a point to not disappoint himself, and whenever he does, he works harder for it to achieve his goals."

"When he's terribly upset, he'll eat a lot and he'll start tearing things apart, but not once has he called himself a useless person. He was never someone useless to me; he's someone that works hard for others and for himself, he's someone that never wants to give up on people and himself, he's someone that deserves all the best in the world. And it's all these points about him that make me love him, so much, you know?"

Soonyoung listens intently, and ends up tearing up. Shifting my position, I wrap an arm around him and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"You can do it, alright? I believe in you. Now, can you eat something before you continue with work? I can help you too..." I grin and he sniffles softly, nodding.

"Thank you, baby. I love you."

"You know what I'm going to say?" I giggle softly.

"I love you too, and more." We chorus together, and burst into laughter.