Chapter 8 - Paas Aaye, Dooriyan Fir Bhi Kam Naa Hui

I walked into the room, slipping into bed next to Abhishek, facing the outwards, with my back facing his back. Our relationship was like that, even though we slept in the same bed, nothing ever happened between us. He was understanding, even on our suhaag raat, he didn't force himself on me, he let things be as they were. I didn't want to ruin the relationship we had by doing anything unexpected that would make him upset. There couldn't have been a better guy for me to marry. He was so perfect that almost anyone could fall in love with him looking at his personality. Except me. Our marriage lacked the love from me that he has seeked throughout one year. Falling for another guy was hard let alone my own husband. He always expressed how much he loved me but never actually told me in the first place that he did. He would always bring me flowers, take me out to dinner, bring gifts that I helplessly accepted because then he'd feel bad. He was like prince charming that only had a one way system of love in his marriage, but he really was charming.

next morning

I woke up only to see Abhishek sitting up in bed reading the paper as he drank his tea. If he was up then that meant I was late. I always got up before him to make his breakfast, get his clothes ready, etc. you know, the casual indian daily routine.

"Kitna late ho gaya hai!! It's 6 o'clock! Aapne mujhe uthaya kyun nahi, main chai khud bana deti, order karne ki kya zaroorat thi?" In so much rush, I stood up from the bed quickly accidentally putting a lot of pressure onto my leg and as a result I fell back onto the bed in pain.

"oh shitt" I moaned quietly to myself not wanting to make too much of a fuss.

"ishita, you should be more careful baba and you don't need to do anything. You just take rest. Tumhari haath ki chai fir kabhi pee lunga. Aaj ke liye rehndo. Doctor ko bula loon?" to be honest, my tea was shit. Dad had spoilt me during childhood, Amma wasn't there either during those teen stages so I didn't have good cooking skills but somehow he adjusted with it. He got up quickly out of bed and walked around to the other side to aid me.

"Nahi nahi wo already aa chuka hai, balm has also been prescribed. You don't worry."

"Theek hai, idhar aao...." He scooped me up into his arms very carefully so that my leg wasn't affected.

"Aap yeh kya kar rahe ho? Main theek hoon, aap fikar mat karo, main keh rahi hoon na...." he wasn't listening and he laid me down properly in bed and brought the duvet up to my stomach and then he began to pamper me.

"Chup, main kuch nahi sunne waala. Lo tumhara balm, dhang se lagaa dena nahi toh phirse dard hoga. Ghoor kya rahi ho? Main jaa raha hoon bahar khana laane ke liye, kya khaogi?" I sat there in bed with a sulken face looking at him with puppy eyes as he gave me the balm and picked up his car keys.

"Umm...fruits honge toh leke aao, nahi toh kuch nahi khaungi." After all that idli sambhar last night i didn't have it in me to eat anything else.

"Theek hai, chalo bye, apna khyaal rakha." I didn't want him to leave, that would leave me and Raman alone in the room.

"Ruko main bhi jaana chahti hoon aapke saath." I got up from bed slowly limping across to him.

"Pagal ho gayi ho kya? You have a leg injury, you stay here, I won't be longer than 20 minutes" He put his arm around my waist to support my standing, with no intimate intention. He was talking as if 20 minutes was a short amount of time. it really wasn't. 20 minutes alone in the same room as Raman Kumar Bhalla after yesterday is going to seem like over an hour.