She comes rushing out of there rubbing her cheek, tears streaming down her face, before she climbs into the passenger's seat.

"Alexandra, put your hand down." He says calmly, but I know it's an act.

She does as told and in a blink of an eye, he gets out of the truck and storms back into the building.

I hear her sobs as she cries into her hands and I lean forward as I lean on the center console, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She looks up at me as she sniffles and I offer her a sad smile. "I'm sorry you had to live through this, but I promise that everything will get better, especially since Alex knows now."

She smiles at me as she wipes her face, "You're such an amazing girlfriend, I can already tell that we are going to get along."

My eyes widen and my cheeks become warm as I sputter a response, "I-I'm not his girlfriend. We're just friends...siblings? Well soon-to-be ex step siblings."

"I'm sorry, what?" She laughs.

"Our parents married, but he cheated on my mom." I explain to her in the simplest of ways, shrugging.

She shakes her head, "Same old, same old."

"That's what Alex said."

"Yeah, dad's obsessed in using his sword."

I choke on my saliva as she says this and she throws her head back as she laughs.

"What?" She asks, "Have you never heard of that term?"

"No." I reply, turning to my left when the driver's seat opens.

"My fists are going to be bruised, not a doubt." Alex says as he climbs back into his truck, and we both stare at his reddened fists as he grips the steering wheel. "So, Alexa, can you please put in your address in my GPS?"

She rolls her eyes, "We don't live far, I can just direct you there."

"No, because I want to keep your address to keep visiting you."

"Alex, my mom doesn't want you to see her." She mumbles and Alex looks torn at her words. "She doesn't want you, or anyone, to see her in this condition."

I lean back against my seat as I strap on my seatbelt and Alex turns on the engine, before he pulls out of the driveway.

"I'm still seeing her, but tell me when and why did you get a job at Crusty's? Also, does he treat all the employees this way? If so, he should've been out of a job a long time ago, and in jail."

"A month ago; same time I found out my mom had breast cancer, and same time I decided to drop out of school."

Alex swerves the truck a little and I shriek in horror as cars honk at us.

"And yes, he does this to the both of us, but he gives a really good pay so we don't say anything in regards to the mental and physical damage he does to us after we do something that doesn't please him." She finishes explaining, and Alex death grips the steering wheel.

"You're no longer working there and you're going back to school, got that?" He orders angrily and she hangs her head in shame.

"Yes, I got it, but I doubt my school will take me back, even if they do my grades are way too low for me to recover them on time for graduation." She sighs sadly, looking out of the window.

"You're going to my school, I'll get my dad to sign you up and don't worry, they'll give you a fresh start to make it easier."

"But–" she tries to argue, but Alex cuts her off by removing one hand from the steering wheel and holding it up in front of her.

"Trust me on this, sis, please I just want to help you." He says carefully and she turns to look at him as she gives him a soft smile.

"Okay, little brother." She replies smugly and he groans loudly, making me laugh.

"You're only older by three minutes! Three!"

I stop laughing as my phone suddenly dings with a message, tuning out their voices I open the text from Julian.

Julian: Your mom is freaking out, be here as soon as possible for her sake.

My eyebrows furrow in concern and I quickly type in a response.

Courtney: What's wrong?

Julian: Something about the divorce papers, I don't know she's talking gibberish.

Courtney: I'll be there as soon as I possibly can.

Julian: Ok

I turn off my phone as I bite my lip and I lean forward a little to poke Alex's shoulder. He moves his eyes up to the rear view mirror and I force on a smile for him.

"Is it okay if you drop me off at Em's house really quick? I'm sorry to interrupt your route but something's come up and I need to be there."

He simply nods his head at me and I give him a grateful smile before I look out of the window.

* * *

"He doesn't want to sign the divorce papers!" My mom wails, clutching the papers in her hand.

"Mom, calm down. He will eventually."

"No! He doesn't want to sign! I want him to sign now!" She begins to freak out and I instantly run to her side to fan her face.

"Mom, you're having a panic attack. Breathe."

"He doesn't want to sign them..." She sobs, and I take the papers out of her hands as I wrap my arms around her.

"Mom, please calm down." I whisper into her hair, "Please, for me."

She begins to calm down and I let out a breath of relief as she pulls back to look at me. She wipes her tears away and I smile softly at her, earning myself a smile from her.

She pulls me back in for a hug and I accept the comfort her arms give me as I hug her back. "I love you so much, sweetie."

"I love you too, mom."

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

Woot woot!

Second day, second update. Not a month or a week later, a day later. Proud of myself.

Favorite line from this chapter? Hmm, decisions decisions.

I would have to go with: "Yeah, dad's obsessed in using his sword." –Alexandra

And to those of you who guessed sister/twin, then you have figured out that you are correct.

This chapter was kind of a bummer, but I promise next chapter will be more exciting. (Winks)

Lastly, what do you think of Indiana Evans as Alexandra?

❤︎Much Love with Hugs & Kisses❤︎

Kimmy Hers 💋