"Mhm, then how come you're smiling so big? Come on, I want details" I pushed.

"Fine. We talked for a while and he flirted a lot, or at least I think he was flirting. But he's actually really nice and sweet. And now I'm also kind of... Sort of... his math tutor" Veronica grinned.

"Yes! That's my girl! I feel like a proud mom, my little girl is growing up so fast!" I said pinching her cheeks. She mumbled a 'shut up' causing me to laugh.

*************************************

I walked out of school and saw Grayson leaning against his motorcycle. He was scrolling through his phone, when he looked up and met my eyes. His eyes widened before an angry expression was drawn across his face.

"What the hell Ryder? I told you not to make it obvious that you were meeting up with me. But you're literally strolling in the middle of the fucking parking lot for the whole school to see" Gray snapped.

"No one's even watching dipshit" I barked back at him.

"Grayson babe, what the fuck is she doing here?" I looked over to see Kylie making her way to Grayson. She shot me an angry glare before turning to Grayson, "Remember you said I could come over today" she smirked.

"Fuck I forgot about that" he sighed running a hand through his hair. He looked over at me with pleading eyes, causing me to roll my own.

"Listen asshole, YOU'RE the one who asked ME if I could come over, and now you're trying to ditch me just to get a quick fuck?" I asked.

"Shut the fuck up Ryder" he growled before going into deep thought. To be honest even I was curious as to what he was going to do.

Suddenly, he whispered something in Kylie's ear causing her to smirk before giving him a quick peck on the lips and strutting away. I raised my eyebrows, but he ignored me and hopped on his bike. He looked over at me with a questioning glance before rolling his eyes.

"Are you going to get on, or just stand there like a dumbass?"

I got on the bike, biting back a variety of curses that I wanted to yell at him. I wrapped my arms around his stomach as he put his helmet on me. I rolled my eyes again before we took off.

After a long ride, which was actually only like 10 minutes, we arrived at his house.

We walked inside and I noticed that Grayson's dad wasn't home. I figured he was probably working.

"Gray?" I asked as we walked up the steps.

"What?" He mumbled.

"What did you say to Kylie to get her to leave?"

He looked at me finally making eye contact for the first time since we left school. Then a sly smirk grew across his face.

"I promised to meet her everyday in the janitors closet this week" he laughed. I threw him a disgusted look.

"Ew, ew, ew" I shook my head in disgust as I walked upstairs already knowing where his mom's room is.

"I'll be in my room if you need me. Try not to need me" he snapped walking to his room. I rolled my eyes before softly knocking on the door and then entering.

"Hey sweetheart" Judy sent me a heart warming smile.

"Hi, how are you feeling" I asked taking a seat next to her bed.

"Eh, I've been better" she laughed, "I'm sorry for practically begging you to come here"

"No, no not at all, I really wanted to come back. I felt so comfortable adn relaxed talking to you" I smiled.

"Same here" she said, We sat in a long nice silence after that, before she continued, "You know I've always wanted a daughter"

Her statement took me by surprise, but she didn't stop there,

"Don't get me wrong, Grayson is lovely he really is, but I've always wanted that mother daughter relationship"

"Me too" I smiled sadly.

"What do you mean sugar? What happened to your mom?" she asked curiously.

Here we go. I hate talking about my family life, especially my mom. I have always hidden myself and never opened up to anyone. But, Judy honestly feels like a second mother to me so I feel like she has the right to know.

"You can trust me sweetheart. Tell me what's going on in that head of yours. Start from the beginning" Judy said warmly.

She gave me a reassuring smile. I cleared my throat and began to talk.

"Well, growing up I had a really good life. My parents supported me and did everything they could to make me happy," I swallowed as a lump started to form  in my throat, "My mom and my dad fought a lot. But as a kid I never thought anything of it. I just thought that all couples fight and I have nothing to worry about. Then, as I got older I realized it was more than just playful arguing. Yet, all the fights would end the same way. My dad would apologize and practically kiss my mom's feet. This reason being that he usually started the fights. He has major anger problems, which is where I get mine from. So I began to understand the names he would call her or the crude remarks he would make"

I took a deep breath and continued,

"When I was 10 years old, he hit her for the first time. It was like time stopped. He kept saying, 'he didn't mean it, he didn't mean it', but my mother did not move. That night she told me that we weren't safe and we needed to leave. I didn't understand. She said it was hopeless. That my dad would find us no matter where we moved too. She said she couldn't do it anymore, and that she was so sorry. She kept saying sorry over and over again and I didn't know why. She kissed me on the head and told me she loved me. I was so confused. I didn't know what was happening"

I clenched my eyes shut, tears threatening to pour out.

"On November 4th, when I was 10 years old, my mom committed suicide"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Another chapter!
So we finally found out what happened with Ryder's mom.
Could we possibly do 5 votes for a new part?
That would mean a lot!!
Have a wonderful day !
- Fighting Turtle 🐢