Chapter Six • Kai

"You're crazy!" Simon yelled, struggling with the doorknob once more. I resisted the urge to laugh, this was not the time.

"I am not. I am telling the truth. I will start with the Legend," the woman— Mother Nature Superior? I think, said. "It is a law within our society, that the Four Seasonal Children born every one hundred years, the first one on their Solstice or Equinox, unlike every year, would become our next chairmen. This time, one of our head Solstices decided that they would preform an experiment, allow the Legendaries to live a normal life in the human world until they all become the age of sixteen."

We were all sixteen, as of today. The puzzle pieces started to click into place. But, I still had a vague feeling that I may have just hit my head when I fell into the room.

"In past years, with normal Seasonal Children, we gave their parents an option after they're born. Either their children can be taken with us and raised with their kind, or they can be stripped of their powers and live a normal life, never knowing of their original destiny. But, the Four Legendaries can not to be replaced. Your parents have already agreed to this, they did upon your birth."

I glanced at Fawn, she almost looked mad. I was too a little bit. Our parents agreed for us to be leaders? We knew nothing of leading, we knew nothing of our own society.

"The four of you are to come with me to begin your training. You can refuse, but I would not suggest it. The current Chairmen of the seasons will be retiring when you turn eighteen, and if there is no one to take their place on the throne, untold chaos could be unleashed." Mother Nature explained, her expression emotionless.

"If you're Mother Nature, why can you just keep the Seasons in tact?" Jack asked. I was curious as well.

"I am not in control of the seasons, I controlled one once, but that was long ago. I was chosen, just as you were, to guide the Seasonal Children." Mother Nature said, a hint of a smile on her face.

Fawn was surprisingly quiet. She sat on the couch, her legs pulled up on the cushion as she fiddled with the bottom of her dress. She suddenly looked up, determination in her eyes. "I'll go!" She exclaimed and stood up, but tripped on the hem of her dress and toppled into Jack's lap.

The two remained red and embarrassed for a moment before Fawn scurried away.

Jack took a moment to compose himself. Him and Fawn were so obvious, it hurt. I have times when I regret ending it with Jack, but I have a feeling that they were much more compatible.

"I'll go too." He said and stood up as well, a natural smile on his face. Wherever Fawn went, it appeared he went too.

I then realized that I had a decision to make. Could I really leave all this behind? Leave my parents? My home? Become some leader of a secret society?

"What was it like for you?" I questioned towards Mother Nature. She said she once controlled a season.

The woman smirked, laughing lightly. "Scary as hell, but easily the best thing that has ever happened to me." She responded and I smiled.

"I suppose I'm in then." I said and then we all turned towards Simon.

He looked as if he was trying to push himself through the crack in the door. He looked frightened, confused and angry all at once.

I sighed and walked towards him and kneeled next to him on the floor.

"This is all up to you, Simon. You can stay here and possibly ruin your life and the life of many, or take the opportunity of a lifetime and become who you were destined to be." I said softly, just loud enough for only him to hear.

He looked up, he looked so scared. "It's okay to be afraid, we're all afraid, but fear is what drives us. We'll all be here, fearing for our lives together." I smiled and put out a hand to help him stand up.

He looked over my shoulder and at the three standing behind me. He looked like he was fighting a war within himself. But, he finally looked me in the eyes with his brown ones. He reached out and took my hand. "Let's go." He said softly.

"Okay, Miss. What now?" Fawn inquired, crossing her arms.

"We will now head to Sidarra, the Kingdom of the Seasons. Where you will be taken to the Academy to learn our ways and how to be leaders. Given you will be behind on everything, you will have tutors assigned to you until we see fit." The blonde said.

"So when do we leave?" I asked, curious to know how we will get to such a place.

"Now."

The snow on the windows melted as pure white light beamed through the glass. I covered my eyes, blinded by the light. And then all I saw was darkness.

_____________

A/N: Two chapters in one day! Yay! Are you proud of me Hannah? Oh and Hannah, you revel in that cliffhanger. Revel in it...