Chapter 12: Date Night pt.2

Start from the beginning

I was a bit apprehensive once again to try this odd looking concoction so I stared at the plate

I was a bit apprehensive once again to try this odd looking concoction so I stared at the plate. Lauren on the other hand wasted absolutely no time going for what she wanted she opened her chopsticks,grabbed a Tuna roll ,dipped it in soy sauce and began eating. She was a bout 3 sushi in when she glanced up at me "babe you're not eating" I glanced up at her with an innocent face. Lauren glanced down at the plate and picked an Avocado Tuna roll dipped it lightly in soy sauce and held it up to my lips "try this" she said I opened my mouth and she gently placed it in I began chewing and once the tastes mingled together I was in heaven. "Oh wow this is awesome" I said smiling "see I told you !" Lauren said giggling. "Oh look they put more avocado on  the plate" I said picking up a piece of what I NOW know is Wasabi and cradling it into my mouth "No! baby wait that's not!" Lauren attempted to stop me from chewing but it was too late. my  mouth was on FIRE within seconds and Lauren crying while laughing at me and lazily handing me glass after glass of cold water wasn't helping .After we had had our fill of Sushi and 3 glasses of wine each we were ready to head out. I gave the valet guy another $20 tip and we were on our way. I spotted a cute area where a few couples were sitting holding hands and cuddling and decided that it would be the perfect place to ask Lauren the big question. I was ready now and I didn't want the chance to pass me by nor did I want her to slip past me. I began thinking about how I was in the past and how she had changed me just in a few weeks and I knew that I was ready. Lauren and I exited the car and I clicked the button to alarm it I gently took her hand in mine which made her blush yet again we walked hand n hand down a dimly lit concrete path by the water until we found a spot to sit. Lauren sat close to me smiling I held her hand in mine and gently rubbed her knuckles with my thumb as she lay her head in the crook of my neck "I had a great time tonight" she said her voice sounding sleepy but I knew it was the wine. "So did I i'm glad I asked you out tonight" I said smiling to myself  "But like the best part was the wasabi" Lauren stated as she began laughing her laugh was so cute. "yeah rub it in Jauregui"  I exclaimed playfully rolling my eyes. "aww my widdle baby is upset here let me give u kisses" she stated in her baby voice as she blew raspberries on my neck "Lauren quit it! " I laughed out loud I realized in that moment that this was the first time in a long time that I actually felt happy... complete. it was the first time that I didn't want to run away. things got quiet for a while and Lauren's breathing became shallow and paced I knew that she had either fallen asleep or was close  to falling asleep. I figured now was the perfect time to pop the question. My heart was pounding. "Lauren" I cooed softly "hmm" she responded it sounded as if she were singing "will you be my girlfriend" the words slipped out of my mouth so easily yet the words also shocked me. I felt Lauren raise her head from my neck and stare at me. I looked at her with a half smile "are you serious?" she asked her eyes filling with tears "yes, i'm serious" I took her hand in mine and stared her in the eyes her green eyes were so beautiful and on the verge of tears if she were to blink. I waited for her to respond so I continued my speech. " Look L-Lauren I know I am not perfect and you know how my past is with women, but I've know n you all of my life and I swear that no one completes me better than you do you made me feel what love really is, and what it can be. I know I am taking a huge risk by even asking and I can't promise that I won't hurt you I don't want to hurt you and I am hoping that you can keep me in line and help me with this"  when I finished my speech Lauren was still staring at me. I glanced down at the ground ,shook my head in regret of what I had just said. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have even ask- " But before I could finish I felt the softest lips gently pressed against mine We kissed passionately for a time before air became an issue and I solely pulled away. "So will you ?" I asked again smiling "Yes, you idiot" she said she playfully slapped my arm and pulled me back in for more kissing.. well that went well. We pulled up to the house at around 11:45 pm and as we entered the house every light was off except the kitchen light and the lights that lighted the staircase Lauren and I were both exhausted and we walked up the stairs to our rooms. Lauren stopped by her door and opened it she turned to me and smiled "I had a great time"  she said as she kissed me softly her kisses were like sparks in side of my soul I felt weak in my knees whenever she kissed me "me too, I think I am the luckiest girl in the world right now" I  exclaimed making her blush I wrapped my hands around Lauren's waist and pulled her into me we kissed for a few minutes more. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" she asked my eyes widened "No, not like that silly, I mean I am your girlfriend now are you really going to send me to bed with nothing  to cuddle and keep me warm?" she asked poking out her bottom lip "Of course not let's get changed into something more comfortable  and meet me back in my room" I exclaimed Lauren started to enter her room when I grabbed her by her hand and kissed her again "finding it hard to keep your hands off me now huh" she said smiling into the kiss" I smiled back and released her. After about 10 minutes I heard a soft knock at the door and went to answer. I opened the door and there was my beautiful Emerald eyed girlfriend standing in the door way she gave me a kiss on the cheek and headed towards the bed I watched in awe as she got comfortable she glanced up at me and patted the opposite side of the bed I walked over to my side and lay behind her. Lauren placed my arm over her waist and gently scooted into me "Goodnight baby" she said her voice sounding very drowsy "Goodnight babe" I responded I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier and soon we both were sound asleep.