Chapter 16 - Faith-ful

Start from the beginning

"Rolanna has company." She smiled and walked away. I quickly sped up to him and hugged him.

"Hey, did you bring me lunch?" I asked as I placed a tiny portion of my hair behind my ear, then took the hot steaming bag away from him.

"Yeah." He shrugged and looked up at Ryan . I sat the bag down on the cabinet by the door and wasted no time greeting the two of them.

"Ryan this is my boy friend Jamal and Jay this is Ryan , my boss."

They exchanged a hello and a few words and gave each other a brotherly hug. I felt nervous, saying that he punished me for eating with this guy, now he's facing him.

"So I see yall was in here with the door close . Must've been working on something right?" Jamal asked with a blank expression.

"He was asking me to pull up a file and fax something." I told him .

"Oh. I understand."

Ryan rubbed his hands together and looked around my office, then let his eyes wander to me. "Rolanna is a really good worker man. She's well organized, make sure I'm on time to all of my appointments. Works, well with the models. She makes a great cup of coffee too."

I smiled and waved off his bragging. Jamal wasn't too amused . He took a seat and nodded his head. "Rolanna we have in meeting at 12 am in the master bedroom again."

"Shut up before I shank you." I said sternly and quite embarrased. He just chuckled and placed his hands in his pocket.

"So Jamal, do you mind her coming to Atlanta with me next weekend?"

He simply stared at him and scratches his head "I don't really condone her going on trips with other men you know?" He said bit sarcastically.

"It's a business trip baby." I slightly rolled my eyes .

"Oh well, I still think you should stay home." He shrugs as he wanders around my desk .

Ryan shook his head and then grabbed my hand softly as my body faced him. "I'm going to a meeting . I'll be back."

"Okay." He hugged me, then walked away passing Jamal . He nodded at him and exited my office , closing the door.

I grabbed the Chipotle bag and started opening it. The smell was teasing my hunger putting me on a high.

"A business trip contains more then two people right?" Jamal asked.

"Jamal you said I'm not going. Leave it at that." I sorta waved him off .

He pulled a blunt out of his pocket, along with a lighter and lit it.

"You can't smoke in here Jamal." I scolded him.

He ignored my statement as he shook his head, and placed the blunt between his lips. "Ronnie, why you keep playing me like this?"

I looked up from my food, and brought my attention to him . I rested my hand on my left hip, with a slight frown on my face."What are you talking about?"

"He's too touchy." He glares at me .

I bit the inside of my bottom lip and took deep breaths. "Jay , you need to chill."