Epilogue

"Aunt Nina tell them they tripping. I am not gonna get pregnant like Mom did." Dulce pleads, tears in her eyes. I step forward and grab her by her arm. 

"I don't think that you'll get pregnant, silly girl. But there are supposed to be dangerous people at that party and they belong to gangs. You could get shot." I explain, but she doesn't look like she's convinced. 

"I could get shot any day. I'm too old for this."

"You are only seventeen and I don't care how old you are, you are still my daughter. You aren't going to that party and I hope to God you listen to me."

"Of course I'll listen to you when you decide something Mom. I respect you." Aunt Nina claps when Dulce hugs me.

"Good. Now go to your room and get ready to go out. You're daddy is taking the family out to celebrate your acceptance to Colorado State."

"Like the entire family?! You're serious?" She hops around the room when I nod my head. She runs to her room to get ready. "You have an hour!" I inform her and she yells back an affirmative.

"You guys' relationship is so perfect. I can't wait for Juno to become a teenager." Nina says and I laugh.

"It's not perfect and trust me, you are lucky that Juno is only seven years old. The teenage years are tough." I admonish, grabbing my glass of tea and take it to the kitchen. Nina waddles into the kitchen to put away her own glass. Her belly is bulging beyond belief. She sits on a stool on the island and rubs her belly while I clean the few dishes in the sink. I remember when she first told me about the twins. 

'So, the reason why I'm this huge is because there are two buns in this oven instead of one. I'm naming one after you.' She hugged me and ran off with Reginald who was as giddy as she was. Juno of course was ecstatic and couldn't stay away from Nina.

'I bet you'll have a house full of  girls.'

"I'm so happy that Mariah is gonna be down for the rest of the summer. And she's bringing Tariq."

"I know Martin is probably missing them already." I rinse the sink when I finish the dishes and go to my room to get dressed. I pull on a simple maroon knee length baby doll dress and a pair of tan gladiator stilettos with peep toes. I grab my maroon clutch and put my diamond studs in my ear lobes. I comb my hair into a messy bun and put on a few gold bangles. I go into the living room to wait with Nina. A few minutes later Dulce enters the room in a beautiful white crocheted romper and a pair of burgundy suede lace up heels. She'd flat ironed her long brown hair and wore a head dress on it. She wore mascara and pink lipstick. She sits with Nina and I and we wait for Ángel to show up.

"Who's ready to celebrate the amazing accomplishments of our baby girl!" Ángel yells as he drives us to the restaurant. We pull up at Magic Dragon restaurant and Ángel confirms our reservation and the hostess leads us to our table. There are about eight seats left clear and we all sit and wait on the rest of the guests.

They arrive shortly and we order and commence to the celebration. Dinner is uneventful and we just enjoy Dulce's accomplishment. I'd always hoped our little girl would grow up to become a kind, beautiful, intellectual young woman. She is just that and I thank God for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we get home Dulce goes  to her bathroom to take a bath and Miranda and Tariq make themselves comfortable in their rooms. I on the other hand get in my car and drive to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test. 

When I get back home I go to my room and find Angel asleep and I tiptoe to the bathroom to pee on the magic stick.

Three minutes later and I am told that once again I am pregnant.

Being pregnant at thirty-seven won't be fun at all. I'm older and my body is just not the same, but I'll have the support of my husband and all the people that care about me. Plus, I'm more financially able this time around.