"Grinders"

Bloody Rain, it always had a habit of ruining an otherwise perfect day...

I left the house and looked left......right and pondered which way I would choose to go to work.

I guess I've got a little obsession and don't like to take the same route to and from work, each and every day.....Whether it be stepping onto another piece of pavement or crossing the road over and over again I just didn't believe on being typical and becoming boring and routine.

So today I chose to take a normal route straight through the centre of town and then hope to see a slip road, one which would alter the route ever so slightly and maintain my sanity.

**

The rain was incessant and was depressing me even more and the umbrella didn't seem to be repelling it, as a consequence I turned into an alley and ended up a long way from my known course.....I tried to retrace my steps but it was doing no good.

I stopped and took a breath........I needed a break........and then I saw it.......

The building was unremarkable but it was clearly a coffee house judging from the smells that were emanating from it, I walked toward it and looked up at the signage......

"Grinders"

Hmmm,very appropriate....

I was beginning to hate this weather but it was a choice between it and the fascinating smell of coffee with a hint of nutmeg and my already fuddled head decided on the latter and so I stumbled through the doors and inside.

It was warmth, that was the first thing I noticed and then it was the bright lights......I walked with purpose from the door and wiped my shoes on the carpeted mat by the entrance and then walked across the lino toward the source of the smell.

"Hello, can I help you??"

I looked up as another droplet passed by my eye to see two bright green eyes staring back at me....

"Oh I'm sorry, please let me take your coat.......Its soaked"

"Hmmm, that's the rain for you..."

"Err yes, sorry."

I let her take my coat and umbrella and I instantly began to feel a lot better, the warmth of the coffee house was soothing me and all I wanted to do was find a seat and unwind....

I walked across to the window and found some lovely leather covered seats and plonked myself down into one...

"What can I get you??"

I looked up into those beautiful green eyes which were accompanied by brown hair, long legs covered with denim shorts and an ample waistline which was currently showing a belly button ring, a purple halter top barely covered her breasts which were unfortunately housed in a lovely bra...

I moved my eyes up her body...

"Oh right.........Yes.........Can I have a Caramel Latte with a hint of Chocolate"

The girl was busy scribbling this onto a notepad...

"Anything else?"

You mean apart from a kiss from those gorgeous lips.........

"No that will do thank you very much"

She turned around and walked back to the counter with her order and I sat back and thought about how this day had got more interesting...

Barely 5 minutes later....

"Here is your order"

I got up out of the chair and went to find a chair and table, I thanked her for my drink....

"Leah"

"I'm sorry......what did you say"

"Leah, that's my name"

"Oh right........sorry"

"I'm Holly, pleased to meet you"

I held onto her hand and gazed at her beautiful form, she was quite lovely but I quickly broke contact and chastised myself for having these thoughts...

"So Holly, dreadful weather isn't it"

"Yes, I've never liked the rain but in a way I'm glad it happened"

"Really? Why is that then?"

"Well the umbrella blocked my vision and I failed to see where I was and as luck would have it I found this coffee house"

"Well it's lovely to have you here, we don't get many customers in the morning"

"So where is this, I've never seen it before"

"We only opened a few days ago, have you heard of Lakeland?"

"Yes it's across the road from my work"

"That's where you are..."

"Wow that's quite amazing"

We chatted for quite some time, my drink was getting cold and was forgotten.

"Leah? I looked up to see another girl come through the door"

"Oops just in time, here comes the boss"

"Boss? She looks younger than you"

"Actually she is 22"

"And how old are you??"

"19"

"Really, so young....and so beautiful, I suddenly feel ancient"

"Thank you for the compliment........I love older women"

I would hold that thought into my memory...

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable"

"Believe me Leah I'm not uncomfortable"

I watched her get up and admired her long legs and for the moment I imagined them wrapped around.......I needed to stop these thoughts before they got me into trouble...

I saw Leah walk up to the 'older woman', they embraced and kissed.....This day just got better........Could Leah be a lesbian?

I drank up and went to the counter to pay...

"It was lovely to meet you Leah"

"The pleasure was all mine"

I walked across to get my coat when the other woman walked into the room

"Let me"

"Thank you.......?"

"Oh sorry..........Rebecca..........I run this coffee house."

"It's a beautiful place and the staff are so............friendly"

"Well it looks like we made a good choice"

"How so?"

"She's my sister"

Leah was blushing and I had another 'episode' as I imagined holding her to my breast.........

I noticed the rain had stopped and I could see my workplace barely 200 yards away

I took my coat and with a final goodbye, walked out and to work but in my mind I was definitely going to return.