(5) Make A Wish (PT 1)

The next morning, Dick and I were watching the news as we ate breakfast on the couch, because why the fuck not. "Overheat?" I snickered as I watched the news. They had video footage of the person that Dick and I caught last night, and she called herself Overheat.

"Well, most good names are taken." Dick chuckled. 

"Ugh, so good to have a day off." I smiled, stretching my arms above my head. 

"What do you wanna do?" Dick asked, putting his plate on the table and wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me to him.

"Mhmm I just wanna cuddle with you, and watching stuff on Netflix." I smiled, snuggling into him.

"Up next we have a wish from a very sick girl." I looked at the TV as the scene changed to a hospital.  

"Good morning everyone, and thank you for this." Some middle aged woman said, and the camera showed a girl, around seven maybe, who was bald. My heart ached when I saw this. I just think it's so cruel that children have to go through cancer and such. "This is Emily, and she has a very special wish." 

The camera focuses on the girl, "Miss Angel, if you are out there, I hope you are watching this. I have a special wish. I wish to meet you miss Angel." 'Awww, that's so sweet.' I thought with a smile.

"If anyone from the Justice League or if anyone who knows this Angel, could you please make sure Emily's wish gets to her? Please, Emily has severe leukemia, and we just want to fulfill this wish of hers just in case you know. So please, Angel, if you are out there, please grant Emily her wish." The middle aged woman said to the camera.

Then, the camera went back to the news room. "What a sweet little girl, I really hope Angel does hear this and grant little Emily her wish." The news woman said.

"What you thinking babe?" Dick asked, nudging my shoulder a bit to gain my full attention.

"I'm thinking of when I can pay her a visit." I smiled. 

"You know how dangerous that can be though? What if the police are waiting for you?" Dick asked in a concerned voice.

"I know, but she's dying, and I want to grant her wish." I said with a small smile. "I'll visit her in the night." I smiled.

"Well, if that's what you want to do." Dick smiled, leaning down and kissing my forehead. It wasn't long until my phone blew up from calls from The Team, and some members of the Justice League. Some were some what against my choice, but they supported me in the end. I mean, I get why they would be against it because of safety reasons, and the endangerment of Emily's life. I mean, her life was already in danger for making such a wish. Criminals are most likely going to target her.

~Time skip to night time~

So, all Dick and I did the whole day was sleep, watching Netflix while cuddling, fall asleep, dinner, and now we're suited up and heading out to the hospital. "This is lock is way to easy to pick." Nightwing snickered as he picked the lock to the hospital room's window. "Okay, in you go." Nightwing grinned, opening the window for me.

"Such a gentleman." I snickered with a hint of sarcasm. I quietly slipped into the room, but guess I wasn't quiet enough because Emily's head shot towards me the moment my feet touched the floor. "Shh." I held my finger up to my lips. I quickly changed into my day suit because I was currently in my black one.

"Are you really Angel?" Emily's face lit up.

"Yes, the one and only." I smiled as I approached her bed side. My heart ached when I saw all the tubes and wires that surrounded her and went inside her body.