(4) Overheat

"Babe, are you okay?" Dick asked me as I continued to cough.

"Yeah," cough, "I'm," cough, "Fine."

"You don't seem fine. Just rest, I'll analyze the gas." Dick told me as he tucked me into bed.

I wanted to argue with him, but I was just to tired to. Dick and I recently got back from patrol, and while we were on patrol, we ran into some crazy chemist who gassed us. Of course, Dick had his rebreather, while I didn't. So, guess who got a few lungfuls of the gas. That's right, this gal! Either way, we have been back at the house for about ten minutes now.

I tried to go to sleep, but found myself tossing and turning in bed, wide awake. Groaning, I sat up in bed. 'Why do I feel so hot?' I thought before stripping down to nothing but my panties (I don't know about you peeps, but I don't wear a bra to bed. You're actually not suppose to... So... Yeah...). 'Ugh, so uncomfortable!' I thought frustratedly as I turned on the AC. Only, that didn't help. 'Ugh, maybe the cave will be colder.' I grabbed my silk robe and slipped it on before making me way down to the cave.

"Babe, I thought you were in bed." Dick said, arching his neck to look at me.

"I can't sleep. My body just feels very hot, and uncomfortable." I groaned, going over to him and throwing my arms around his neck from behind.

"Drink a lot of water, I'm still analyzing the gas." Dick said, turning his head and looking at me. Sighing, he kisses my cheek, "Try to rest baby."

"I can't... I really want to, but I just can't." I sighed.

"Come here," he pulls me into his lap and lays my head on his chest, "Sleep." I sighed, and closed my eyes. I breathed in deeply, taking in his scent that seemed to calm me. It wasn't long until I fell asleep.

~

I feel like shit. That's all I can say. "Are you sure you want to go to classes today?" Dick asked for the hundredth time this morning.

"I only have one class, might as well go to it." I told him, getting out of the car. Yep, we took a car today because he was afraid that I was gonna fall off the motorcycle.

"Alright, call me or text me when you're done, and I'll pick you up." He told me.

"Will do officer." I giggled, shutting the car door and heading to my class.

I am seriously regretting my decision now. It's a little more than half way through class, and I'm barely hanging in there. Seriously, I'm seeing things, and feeling very faint. 'Come on, just ten more minutes. You can do it.' I told myself as I drank the last of my water. My anxious eyes stared at the clock as it ticked by.

I was so happy that class ended five minutes early. I quickly darted out of the classroom, and made my way to the entrance of the school. I pulled out my phone and called Dick.

Dick: Babe?

Me: I'm........ Finished.....

I feel so weak. I could barely breathed at this point. I feel like I'm going to pass out any second.

Dick: On my way. Just sit down, and take it easy.

Me: Mhmm....... See you....... In a bit....

Dick: Alright, bye baby, I love you.

Me: Bye..... Love you too....

Groaning, I plop down on a bench. 'Man, I just want to lay down and do jack squat.' I thought as I struggled to breathe. It wasn't long until Dick pulled up. I struggled to get up from the bench, which really worried me. "Babe, you look like you're going to pass out any second." Dick said when I entered the car.