Five.

Guilt has been eating me up alive. I badly wanted to tell someone about my situation and to get their opinion about it but I just can't. If Mike briefly thought of me as a prostitute then I could only imagine what my friends would think of me if I tell them about this job.

To add on to the stress, Vivian called me a while ago, telling me that she already sent my first pay in my bank account. I am really pressured and I've contemplated whether I should just back out and hand her money back but I've already told my mom that I'd be able to see them sometime next week. Also, texted me last night (I gave him my number when he dropped me in my dorm), once again asking me if I'd be able to squeeze in some time for that family dinner thing that they'd be having next weekend. I told him that I am not sure because I'd visit Michigan that week.

It's almost two days ever since I last saw Vic and I don't know what my next move would be. I mean, with all the stress and weirdness looming me, I don't know how I'd be able to even act or talk in front of him. I am currently walking my way to his bar, since I decided that I should maybe just give him an unexpected visit. Justin and the others are out partying, getting wasted and such – I'm not sure – and of course, I told them that I'd rather be left in my dorm room than be surrounded by stupid drunks for hours.

I carefully pushed open the door of the bistro and instantly, the bells attached to it dinged. "Bienvenido a Besitos Bistro. What can I- oh, hey, Kells!" Vic cut himself off as he raised his head away from the bar and towards my direction. He dropped whatever it is that he is doing and approached me. "Uh, what brings you here?"

"Just, you know, just dropping by to say hi?" I tried to build up my confidence but as soon as my eyes met Vic's, I couldn't help but to feel the guilt building up inside of me. He looks genuinely nice and friendly while here I am, trying to make a move on fooling him and making him actually fall for me.

He smiled at me, his teeth showing up in the process. "Well, are you hungry? I am about to go on my break. Uh, I'd be glad to have you join me." He said as he immediately looked nervous or something which made me chuckle.

"Uh, sure. Thanks."

"No problem. Go ahead and sit, make yourself comfortable. I'm gonna go and fix our food." He instructed. I just nodded and offered him a smile, which of course he returned, as he disappeared to the door connecting to the kitchen. I picked the comfortable looking booth near the window, sitting at the soft material of the black couch that they have. I sighed to myself, crossing my hands in front of me on the table. I am stressing over everything. Here I am, about to have lunch with the man who I am trying to allure. What does this make me? A gold digger? My mother didn't raise me to be someone like this. "I only hope that you are into Mexican food." Vic snapped me out from my horrid thoughts as he appeared next to the table, expertly carrying one round tray filled with food and drinks on each hands.

"Of course." I mused, forcing a smile on my face.

"I'm gonna go and get us some-"

"Wait! Uh, can't you stay? I mean, can't you ask someone else to get whatever it is? Uh, it's your break anyways so.." I trailed off. The statements came out of nowhere, though. I guess I'm just trying to sound convincing. I mean, if I'm going to make him fall for me, why not act on it do it now, right?

"Oh." He looked contemplative, placing the plates on the table in front of me. "I guess I could do that." He said, a shy smile appearing on his face. "Hey, Hime! Can you get us two large iced teas please and tissues?" He shouted, stacking the two black trays and handing it to the guy that he just called as he sprinted towards our booth.

"Sure, man." The guy replied with a smile, disappearing to somewhere to get our drinks, I suppose.

"May I?" Vic asked, pointing to the spot beside me. I scooted to give him space as I nodded. I find it kind of weird that he wanted to seat next to me when there's an entire un-occupied couch on the other side of the table. I shrugged it off, though. Maybe I could try to flirt with him better with him beside me? Yes, one minute I am contemplating whether I should push through with my job, and now I am actually trying to get a move on Vic – my thoughts are conflicting, I am aware of that.

For some uncountable minutes, we sat there beside each other with some intense awkwardness hovering above us. I remained seated up straight as I tried to chew on my food quietly, suddenly feeling so conscious about everything while Vic sat there coolly as if the entire situation to him is just another normal encounter. And then I wonder, dis his mother attempted to do this before? Like, paying someone to be his pretend lover for a while just so that they could finally get him off of their hair? It's a weird thought but it kind of bothered me and I don't even know why I am trying to dwell with it. I mean, I shouldn't be thinking about it, right? Besides, I am being payed to do this sketchy stunt, anyways.

"It would be pretty nice if you could come and join us in our dinner thing next weekend." Vic cracked the silence, looking at me with a small smile.

"Uh, yeah but I'll be visiting my mom and my sister next week so.." I trailed off, hopefully he could just get the hint that I am trying to turn him down already.

"Oh." Was all he said as his entire bright aura dropped. I feel horrible now. Above everything that I hate, I hate it the most when I disappoint someone. Is their family dinner really that unbearable? I mean, Vivian and Victor seem so kind and okay, why does Mike and Vic loath going to their family dinners? "Well, next time maybe." He muttered after a few moments, pulling back that same small smile that he flashed before.

"I don't mean to be all snoopy and weird but, why do you guys hate going to your family dinners?" Might as well voice out my thoughts, right? If I would be trying to make him fall for me, might as well get to know him better.

"Well, let's just say that our parents, especially ma, could get a little bit annoying when we get-together. I mean, yeah, we rarely do it due to our busy schedules but I just wish that I could do something or have some sort of an excuse to get out of it, y'know?" He explained, shrugging his shoulders in the end as he chewed his food carefully. "I just don't get why they are too keen on the thought of us starting our own lives. Of course I want to be in a great relationship and all that shit but they don't have to ask and talk me about it every single day of my life, though." He explained further with a dry chuckle which only resulted in my heart breaking in two. I feel bad for him. I could see how pressured he is in such a silly thing. Starting a relationship shouldn't be forced nor rushed, it would come to you when your time comes, as cheesy as that may sound. I mean, I am no love expert since I haven't been in one before but that's what I believe in, when the perfect time comes, the perfect person would, too.

"Sorry."

"No no no no." He shook his head and chuckled. "It was stupid of me to ramble on with that sort of stuff." He said kind of embarrassed and it amused me because as far as I know, Vic Fuentes doesn't get embarrassed or shy, he's either calm, annoyed, frustrated or he just doesn't give a damn.

"What if you just skip the family dinner?" I suggested, an idea igniting in my head so suddenly that I wasn't able to think the words through. He looked at me skeptically, momentarily drinking his drink as his eyebrows knitted together. "I mean, just skip the entire thing, and make up an excuse."

"That's not possible. We either have a very important meeting or we show up for dinner – there are no in-betweens." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"But you do have an important meeting." I argued back, confidence suddenly skyrocketing.

"I don't-"

"You're meeting my mom and my sister." I wanted to slap my hand across my mouth but instead, I took my glass and sipped on my black straw just so that I could shut myself up. Where the frick did that came from?!

"Uh, what?"

"I mean, uh, if you want to? You could maybe come with me in Michigan next week?" I pressed on. What am I getting myself into? This is so stupid! So irrational! What would my mother think? I mean, what would I tell her? That I'm suddenly bringing a twenty-six year old man friend thing with me? I haven't even mentioned Vic to her because why would I?

"You want me to meet your family?" He asked, his face looking so smug and cocky and I wanted to slap him because I know what he's thinking because he is Vic Fuentes and he could be nice but he has that asshole genes inside of him.

"Yeah, I guess." I said, acting cool just to match his vibe. I am taking this job way too seriously by taking this huge step and it would probably take a toll on me but I have to do this. It is my job, anyways so I have to take it seriously.

Vic shook his head, muttering something between the lines of "I don't know what you're doing to me, Quinn."