Nine.

"Okay, a couple of things: number one, our house is a simple two-story structure with three bed rooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen and of course a living room – nothing else, nothing too fancy. Number two, my mom could get a tad bit crazy and overwhelming. Number three, my sister, Kayla could be-"

I was cut off by Vic's laughter and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow as one of the attendants told us that we could now exit the fancy jet. "Don't worry about me. I'm sure your house and your family is lovely." He said and smiled at me in such a way that I couldn't quite decipher. It doesn't look forced nor does it look just friendly but with my mind overthinking and becoming more and more self-conscious, I brushed it off.

The walk out of the airport consisted of me, still giving Vic my little notes and precautions about what he should and shouldn't expect in our house. He just shook his head at me and chuckled, though. For him, this may be not much of a deal but for me, this is a huge deal. Hell, who knew that bringing a rich person in their house could be so intimidating and nerve-wrecking?

"Oh, is that your-" Vic tore me off from my rambling thoughts as I followed the direction of where he is smiling at. Near the exit of the airport is my mom and my sister, her arms flailing in the air as she raised a very pink and glittery banner that spells out my name. Immediately, I ran to them, not being able to wipe the smile off of my face.

"Kelly, I missed you!" My sister shrieked as her thin arms wrapped around my waist.

"I missed you guys, too." I said and I thought I was going to cry for a second there.

"Oh, dear, have you been eating? It looks like you've been losing weight." My mom commented as I hugged her. Her eyes scanned me up and down as we separated from each other.

"Of course I'm eating, mom." I said with a roll of my eyes. That isn't a total lie. I mean, lately I've been catching myself eating at least three full meals – yeah, ever since I've been getting my pay from Vivian. I have to say, she really does pay me a fairly high amount of money and in just a span of two to three weeks, I was able to send money to my mom for three times, one every week. "Anyways, this is Vic." I said rather shyly as I moved to the side and pointed at Vic's direction. Instantly, his face lit up.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Quinn." He said, shaking my mom's hand.

"Oh, gosh. Call me Mary. I feel so old." She chuckled and I instantly felt my face heat up in embarrassment, face-palming in the process. Vic looked so amused in my distressed state and he just shook his head, a hand landing on my shoulder and squeezing it (honestly making me flinch a little) before he crouched down, now eye-level with my sister.

"You must be Kayla?" He said, a friendly smile on his face. My sister being well, Kayla, she basically doesn't have any sort of shyness evident in her genes, I suppose, so not like any other kid who would've shied away due to meeting someone for the first time, she held her head high and nodded at Vic.

"Indeed I am. Who are you again? How are you associated with my brother?" She asked, sounding like a weird investigator. My family is just weird, I can't even.

"Well, your mo-"

"I- we met in this café one day and yeah." I interjected. My heart started pumping so fast, I thought I was going to pass out. Gosh, Vic was about to spill out the lie that his mother told him when we first met! I am starting to feel very anxious now but I'm okay. I'm still good. If I keep a close eye on him this weekend, surely he wouldn't know a single thing. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going." I enthusiastically said, grabbing my bags and leading both my mom and my sister out as Vic walked behind us, an unsure smile now etched on his face. I gave him a small nod just to ease down the weirdness that I just projected to them.