Thirteen.

I wasn't able to sleep well last night - no, actually, I wasn't able to sleep at all. There was a time when I heard the door opening and closing, indicating that Vic had entered my room. Good thing I had my back turned to him so I just pretended that I was already asleep. Not that I needed to insert too much effort in doing so, though. He didn't check if I was asleep. I just heard light shuffling at the other side of my room and later on I heard him finally settling on the mattress situated beside my bed.

It is currently six in the morning and the late night thinking and frustrations had seriously took a toll on me; I feel so nauseous now. Tip-toeing my way to the door and successfully doing so, I quietly walked my way downstairs to fix myself a cup of coffee.

What happened between Vic and I last night was weird and too damn intimate at the same time. Sure, I felt like I was putty in his hands then but coming to think of it now, I couldn't even believe that it was me who was in my room, giving in to Vic just like that. It's so weird.

I am weirded out off of my head but since no one could hear my stupid thoughts, might as well admit to myself that I enjoyed the warmth that I got from him - whether it be due to the fact that it was fairly cold last night or that I've been single for far too long and that I am just missing that sort of attention, either way, I kind of like and crave it now.

"Slept well?" I heard Vic's low and scratchy voice approaching from behind me. I am standing in front of the bar counter, the hot mug of coffee sitting between my hands as I waited for it to cool down a bit.

"Um, yeah. You?" I asked awkwardly. This is too awkward for me, I can't help it.
Vic being his usual self, he sounds so calm and collected and I want to punch him for that. Why does he have to be too damn calm all the time?

"Better than any other nights before." He answered back as he grabbed a mug and poured himself some coffee from the dispenser. I watched him as if I am some security person watching the screens of the CCTV cameras in a secret room - steady and curious. I can't help it. It's like suddenly, he's too interesting for me to watch, even though he's literally just pouring himself some coffee. The fact that he is also wearing a plain white t-shirt and a plaid pajama pants also had me staring. I don't know, he looks so simple and.. real.

Before I could even drool on the counter top, I shook my head and hastily took a sip of the hot coffee, hot enough to burn my tongue slightly and wake me up from this weird trance. This is just because of last night. I am not gay nor do I find Vic attractive. Surely these would blow over in a couple of hours, minutes even. Without another word to him, I took my mug and walked to the front door. Fresh air would help. Maybe the Californian air has been suffocating me with all the busy air looming over me in there. Surely that's it.

I sat down on the wooden swing situated on our front porch, its material squeaking slightly as I pulled up my legs in a criss-cross position, my mug now sitting on my lap, the warmth of it transferring to my skin. "This feels so nice." Vic commented as he emerged through the front door. Of course.

"Hm?" I hummed simply, not taking my eyes off of nothing in particular in front of us as he sat down beside me. I could feel his pajama-covered leg lightly touching my knee and flinched slightly but went to relax anyways.

"It's so peaceful and relaxing. It feels so nice." He sighed and I didn't even have to look at him to know that he now has a content smile on his face. Just by the sound of him speaking, I could already tell. "I wish I could be in a place similar to this often." He chuckled lightly as I took a small sip of my coffee, setting it back down on my lap.

"Then do it. Surely you could easily travel. I mean, you've got a private jet, though." We both chuckled at that and I finally dared to look at him, my curiosity finally getting the best of me. His smile is still there, small and alluring and I can't help the small tug that happened on my lips, too. It's about six-thirty in the morning, the sun starting to climb up and the light of the blue sky illuminating his tanned features. I haven't gotten the time to appreciate him this much before. The dull light of the city back in California wasn't doing a very good job in showing me how attractive he really is.