I smiled and shook my head. "Don't worry about it, you were just trying to do your job."

He nodded, still standing far from me. I turned the kettle on and looked over him. He looked to be almost thirty and very fit. Wait, no, I can't say that I need to stay professional. As if noticing I was struggling with his presence, Marcus decided that he was going to make a sweep of the house and assured me that he was going to 'stay in the shadows', whatever that means. I barely opened the fridge before a hand poked my back, causing me to scream bloody Mary. Tommy's loud guffaws stopped my scream, and I turned to see him holding his mid-section.

"Jerk!" I pouted as Marcus rushed into the room on high alert, only to find me glaring at Tommy. "I'm okay Marcus, my brother is just being an idiot."

He frowned and left the room again. Tommy turned to me and shook his head. "He's serious."

Rolling my eyes, I finally gave him a hug. "What are you doing here?"

He grinned and sat down. "The case against my client was dismissed so I had some free time to come see you."

Excitement welled up in me, and for a moment I nearly forgot about my cramps. Tommy looked at my hot water bottle and shot me a sympathetic frown. "Oh yeah, Mum told me you were having a tough time."

I started to respond but he pushed his finger against my lips. I almost bit him but decided to be nice instead and listen to him. "Shhh, I've made the executive decision to take you to brunch."

"But my cramps--" Tommy grabbed my hot water bottle and some Tylenol before pushing me towards the car. "Wait! Tommy I can't go now, I'm going to be recognised like this!"

"Oh, is that all?" He groaned in annoyance and ran back inside to grab my wig and glasses. Putting them on, I hugged my bottle as he took us to Village Inn. The server looked up and said, "Table for two?"

Tommy nodded and we slid into a booth. A perky waitress appeared and identified herself as Mandy. "Is there anything I can get started for you?"

I looked at Tommy and had to stifle a groan as I noticed the familiar mischievous look take over his features. "Yeah, you."

That wasn't even good. I rolled my eyes and saw Mandy's eyebrows raise. "Sir, that is very disrespectful to both your girlfriend, AND me."

I couldn't help bursting out laughing, "Sorry, it's just—he's my brother. I'm so sorry he said that to you. Thomas? APOLOGISE!"

Tommy looked like he wasn't going to, so I kicked him lightly under the table. He winced subtly and sent me a cross look before turning and apologising to Mandy. She flushed slightly and took our orders. I gagged as Tommy stared at her butt as she walked away. There's more to women than just their bodies! The food arrived quicker than I'd expected, and Tommy immediately tried to sneak a bite of my skillet.

"No!" I shouted, drawing attention. I blushed and shrunk away from the amused stares.

As we ate, I couldn't help noticing all of the other people on their phones. What happened to proper conversations and living in the moment? Actually, I can't judge. I might be addicted to snapchat. Tommy asked if I wanted pie, and I really wanted to say yes, but my stomach said no. I'm stuffed, like a thanksgiving turkey. Only, I'm alive. And I don't have feathers, and I'm human. Okay maybe comparing myself to a turkey wasn't the best idea. Tommy went off to pay and I pulled out my phone to answer the numerous text messages I had gotten.

LUCAS: Where are you?

ANA: I'm home, wasn't feeling great today :( Can you and Gigi get my homework for me? I don't want to get behind.