Chapter 11 | Back Home

The next day, after sleeping in for a bit, Jongin began to prepare to meet Chanyeol. 

The weather was a bit on the chilly side on that particular day, so he dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that was hidden by a sweater. As he was sliding on the sweater over his shirt, Jongin happened to glance over at his dresser, at which point he noticed Kyungsoo's coloring book laying there. 

Exhaling lightly, he let the sweater fall onto his body the rest of the way and slowly made his way over to it. A smile formed on his lips as he picked it up and skimmed through the thin pages, briefly seeing the array of color as it flashed past his eyes. He stopped when he ran into a loose page, knitting his eyebrows a bit as he removed it from the rest of the book, which he laid back on the dresser.

On it was a picture of a cartoon puppy whose body was colored in brown, ears black, eyes blue, and spots green. Jongin chortled to himself; it was the first time he had seen a picture of Kyungsoo's that actually looked like it could be a real animal. The color strokes were even contained within the thick, black lines, too. Well, most of them anyway. 

Jongin sighed as he gripped the paper tighter, seeing how Kyungsoo addressed it to him with the To: Jongin at the top and signed it with the FroM: KyuNgsOo at the bottom so that he couldn't forget who colored it for him. He smiled again when a thought hit him, and he flipped it over to the back, the smile widening when his thoughts were confirmed. The boy had taken up a habit of writing little notes to him on the back of the pictures he colored for him.

DeaR Jongin, it read,

I coLored you anoTher picTure to hAng on the biG whiTe thing in the kiTchen. I do not rememBer wHat it is calleD. I choSe to coLor a puppY thiS tiMe becaUse I used to be a puppY and I Know you likE puppieS so I hoPe you likE thiS oNe, too.

LoVe, KyuNgsOo ❤︎

P.S. I am geTTing betteR at writiNg, rigHt? I haVe beeN praCticing veRy haRd with Wendy whEn you are at wOrk. I am stiLl not goOd, but I wiLl tRy haRder, I prOmise. I hoPe you are proUd of me 😊

Another laugh tumbled from his mouth as he reached the end, imagining the face of hard concentration Kyungsoo must have had when he wrote that. But if the note and picture had one major impact on Jongin, it was the realization of how much he missed his baby. He realized that he still had to punish him for being so rude toward Baekhyun, but as soon as he saw him again, he would hug him and never let him leave again.

So, with that in mind, Jongin folded up the paper and placed it in his sweater pocket before exiting his bedroom and then the apartment.

*******

They agreed that since Chanyeol finally had a day off from work, they would meet at his place. Jongin drove over there and knocked on the door once he was in front of it. Chanyeol answered about thirty seconds later and smiled tiredly at him. 

"Hey," he said in a rather emotionless tone of voice.

"Hey," Jongin said, not even waiting for a cue before walking inside. "Is he here?"

"No." Chanyeol shook his head as he closed the door again. "Baekhyun came not too long ago and took him to the park." Jongin nodded. "It took some convincing, but when I bribed him with a Pororo plushie, he listened."

The younger chuckled as he sat down at the table. "I bet he did," he said, his voice trailing off a bit. He shook his head; Kyungsoo did love his Pororo.

"So," Chanyeol said, sighing as he sat down in the chair diagonal from his cousin, "what was it that you wanted to talk about again? I don't remember what your message said."