Chapter Twenty Three- Two Left Feet

I cannot believe I am going to admit this, but I love dancing.

It's nice to move to the beat of the music and sway your body in different ways to feel good. I know I am not one of the best dancers in town, but I sure do know how to move accordingly while still looking like I'm having fun—which, I really am.

Together with me on one side of the stage are Jane and Jill, two brunettes named Mira and Samantha, a couple of blonde girls who I have yet to know their names, and three theater dudes who dance like professionals. We are currently going over the dance steps to Ice Cream Freeze that Red had taught us an hour ago.

Kick here, kick there, strike a pose, smile cutely, hands on hips, bend, shake, jump here, do the hand thing, slide, then pose again.

On the other side of the stage are the rest of the crew practicing the steps to We're All In This Together. Some are below the stage: Becca and Jake practicing their lines and their singing acts; some senior students also practicing their lines; Carah and April huddled over a table while going over the script; and Leander, Milo, and company preparing for the logistics and technicalities. Red is almost everywhere, making sure that everybody has gotten the steps correctly to the dances which he choreographed.

Needless to say, the around thirty of us are very busy doing our thing, clearly upping our game to learn everything for this play right away since Red announced earlier this afternoon that the play is moved at the end of this month, instead of being on December. Which means, we only have approximately two weeks to do our very best to portray this right.

Everybody do your dance

Ain't nothing better than an all night jam

This time, I practice singing while dancing, and though it's kind of hard and I'm heaving heavily, I still push through. I am already sweating through my gray shirt, and I already desperately want to take it off together with my sweatpants and climb onto a relaxing bathtub. My muscles are already strained. And as much as I want to go home already, I just look at the brighter side of life and see this as a workout. Good for me.

Thankfully, we are all laughing while doing our performance so it has greatly helped lighten all our moods. Soon enough, few of the others around us stop what they're doing and look at us with impressed faces.

Feeling their gazes on us, that boosted a little of our esteem so as a group, we think as one and we do our best to perform five times better than how we've been practicing for the last hour.

After our last pose, everybody bursts out clapping and shouting to us praises. They urge us to do it again, and without having any choice—even if they see that I'm clearly heaving—, we perform it again. This time with the rest of them jamming along with us, trying to follow the dance moves. From dancing on the side of the stage, we are now slowly moving our way to the center.

I take a deep breath and sing. Soon enough, Red dances beside me, and Becca on the other side. Surprisingly, though I don't like to admit it, Becca catches pretty quickly and is now dancing ten times sexier than I could ever do. It kind of frustrates me, so I always turn to Red and then I find myself smiling and having fun like how we're supposed to be.

Everybody claps for a job well done right after we finish the performance. I am literally out of breath, but I also join in with all the clapping and the throwing of compliments here and there. All for one, one for all, indeed.