Chapter Twenty- April's Secret Admirer

Time flies so fast, I realize. Now we are here at the Prettea Teashop, hands on our chin as we gaze on the commotion outside.

I hear April sigh beside me on the counter, and I cannot help but sigh along with her too. We both are expressing our distress by competing with one another over how loudly we can do it.

We are as enthusiastic as Squidward because today was the day Patrick's shop from across opened. He calls it Four Tea. How punny, and according to my theory, he copied that using a pun idea from us.

It has been almost six hours since the opening and yet customers are still frolicking here and there in their shop. Cool, upbeat music is blasting on their speakers outside, overpowering the usual soft music in Prettea. I have mixed feelings whether I should continue listening to Canon in D or to Work by Rihanna.

There are still customers though, but not as many as we were accustomed especially during Saturdays. I have a huge feeling that we should start trying to be used to this kind of number starting from now on. And it makes me mad at how insensitive Patrick is.

As I continue checking on the happenings outside, I have to double take what I am seeing because right there at exactly in front of the new shop, is my family. Immediately, I slip my elbow and my chin hit the counter perfectly and painfully. I rub it to ease the pain as quickly as I can and rush outside without thinking twice.

With a huff, I reach my parents and brothers in a matter of a heartbeat. I have my hands on my waist and intensely creased eyebrows on my face. I actually stomp my foot in annoyance, like the mature person that I am.

"Sweetheart, we're just going to try the new shop," assures mom. "Prettea is always going to be number one."

"Maybe we won't like it here so we'll pay Prettea a visit if ever," supports dad, weakly.

"Right," I say, not believing. I am still squinting my eyes at their guilty faces. I'm thinking that if I keep doing this, they'll change their minds.

We are currently in the middle of the road that separates Prettea and Four Tea. I know people from the shop are looking over at us because I am very well parading the pink Prettea uniform, and it's awkward because I am almost crossing over their territory, however, I couldn't care less.

"By the way sis," starts Karter smugly. "Dad has something else to say, right dad?"

Right then, dad clears his throat and looks guiltier than ever. I honestly have no idea what he's going to say. "Uh," he roughly starts. "I'd decided that for you kids to concentrate more on your studies, I cut off our internet connection."

I back away for a second and look at Karter and Leo for confirmation if this is some kind of a joke. "Dad, you're joking right?" I ask carefully, trying to hold myself from combusting.

"Actually, that's his way of saying he tripped over our wifi router and broke it," explains Leo, and I drop my jaw at dad's direction.

"Sweetheart, sorry it was an accident, I'll fix it up right away," he quickly says with his arms raised. "Okay, let's now get inside," he continues hastily, definitely trying to get away from me, as he ushers mom and Leo inside. I still have my mouth open and my insides about to combust. Karter, who chooses to stay first, abruptly closes it sending waves of pain to my jaw.

"I'm gonna come to your school party tonight," he says. He isn't even asking for my permission, just plainly announcing it like we have already planned it before. Typical. "You need a ride?"