"That's the problem, I don't want to try."

"So what are gonna do? Just sit around and mope over her because you've given up?"

"Yeah, I mean what else is there to do." I mumbled.

"You two have literally already been through this. Yeah Lauren has a lot of issues, but honestly who doesn't? When she broke your heart the first time she did it to not only neglect her feelings, but to spare you of her presence in your life and what did that do? You ended up in her bed and days later you broke up with Ariana to be with the person you really loved. So we're not going through this again."

"I don't think there is an again."

Darren shook his head, "There's no way this is the end."

"..."

"You sure as hell don't look at each other like it's the end."

I stubbornly turned away from him.

"You know, I honestly don't understand how you're still in love with her."

"..."

"Didn't she break a promise?"

"She's broken a lot of promises."

"You know the one I'm talking about."

My lips quivered.

"Exactly." He said before I started sobbing.

"Mila...I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"No." I sniffled, "I'm sorry. I know...I know I shouldn't be crying."

"No, you have every right too."

"I feel so pathetic. After she promised that she'd never hurt me again, and I trusted her she-"

"I know honey, I know."

"And to top it off, she acts like I don't exist."

"Okay, but you do exist. You don't need her to validate that."

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

"I know it seems like she's trying to hurt you, but I think it's because she wants you to get it out of your system and to be angry at her for what she did."

"I am angry at her." I admitted, "But at the same time, I understand why she did it. And I can't fully bring myself to hate her for that. Not yet. Not because of this."

"In all honesty, I'm not even worried because you're Camren. One of you is bound to fight for your relationship. I mean, I wasn't born yesterday. Anyone with some sense knows that this isn't your ending."

"It sure as hell feels like it."

"Look you're over reacting , its only been a few weeks. Try to talk to her tomorrow at school."

"I can't do that."

"Mila, Lauren was your girlfriend.  Just because you two broke up that doesn't mean that you have to pretend like she's a stranger."