Chapter 27.

Chapter 27

Casually, I stood near the back entrance of the hospital glancing around every so often checking for people. It was pretty late and visiting hours ended about twenty minutes ago, so there wasn't too many people I had to worry about. I had gone a minute or so ahead of Isaac and Scott to scope out anyone with potential of seeing us. It would have been very hard to explain the reason why we were sneaking a body bag out of the hospital. The fact that I was so willing to help steal a body was almost scary. I never would have imagined myself doing this in my lifetime—or even in the next. Then again, I never would have imagined half the stuff I know now to ever be real—in both lifetimes.

I had made it across the street, and hid behind a car when I turned around and saw both of them hiding behind the back of the hospital with the body bag. Again, I popped up and scanned the area for any sign of anyone. When the coast was clear I wildly waved my hands and barked quietly, "Okay, go. Go, go, go, go, go!" Quickly and unseen, the two dashed across the street holding Jackson's body to the best of their abilities. When we got to the other side I made my move and jogged beside them. "So now that we're out where are we taking him to?"

Scott open his mouth to answer but accidentally misplaced his footing and dropped Jackson's body onto the concrete.

"Oh my god! Do you think he's okay?" I asked leaning down towards him. There was still hissing and wriggling from inside the bag so I guess he was okay. We were all looking at the body bag, when suddenly a big SUV pulled in the parking lot and stopped right in front of us. The headlights beam laid heavily on us before they quickly shutting off and the vehicle stopping. The drivers side door flung open and my heart began racing furiously. As the driver walked closer to us, I let out the air I was holding in the see Chris Argent, Allison's dad. He stood in silence glancing at what he had just seen.

Accordingly, Scott spoke. "You're alone."

"More than you know," he glowered lowly.

"What do you want?" Scott asked.

"We don't have much in common, Scott," he started firmly. "But at the moment, we have a common enemy." He eyed each of us up quizzically.

Scott nodded. "That's why I'm trying to get him out of here."

"I didn't mean Jackson," he said looking a the body bag pathetically on the concrete. "Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head, the same way he did with Kate. And I'm losing her. And I know you're losing her too. " He said looking directly at Scott. We were all losing Allison. She hasn't been to school, she hasn't replied to any text message I send, and doesn't accept any of my calls. I almost contemplated going over to her house, but I though that might tick her off more. I was worried for my friend though, and if her father was saying she has changed, then who else was I supposed to believe.

Scott nodded, "You're right," Scott answered. "So can you trust me to fix this? Then can you let us go?"

"No. My car is faster," Mr. Argent said. He helped lifted the trunk so Scott and Isaac could put Jackson in the back. Luckily, no one saw the exchange and we where in his SUV.

We had been driving for the past few minutes and Scott has been instructing Mr. Argent, or Chris, directions. Isaac and I kept glancing over the back of the seat to see the bag emitting a low hissing sound and twitching. When I wasn't freaking out about Jackson in the back I looked out the window and began to noticed much older and complex, yet empty buildings and lots. It was instantly recognizable as the warehouse district. I remembered dropping off Isaac back in here multiple times over the past few months. "Are we taking him to Derek's?"