Chapter 15.

Beacon Hills was never know for terrible traffic. The only major road we had was a highway that took you around the outskirts of town, so it wasn't even like there was major traffic throughout town. The drive to Scott McCall's house, which was on the exact opposite side of town, would usually take about twenty minutes on a good day. Since I was an usually slow driver, maybe around twenty-five minutes or so. The trip would take even longer since I was in an unusual car too. But it wasn't like luck had been on my side all week, so why would today any different, and a groaned loudly in frustration when I noticed the large car accident at least 20 meters ahead.

I couldn't back up, there was a chain of cars forming behind me, plus the street wasn't that big so there wouldn't have been that much room to turn around either. There were no side streets, no gas stations, or even a driveway, so I was stuck. I frowned knowing I wouldn't be able to pick Lydia up on time, but it wasn't like I could text her. From out my window noticed an multiple police officers lingering around the scene of the accident, so I didn't dare pull my phone out of the cup holder to text Lydia telling her I would be late. The last thing I needed was a ticket on my hands.

It was still winter, and the sun was still setting pretty early in the evening. The sun was going down quickly, and before you know it, setting. I had been motionless for over an hour in the parking spot. I did eventually end up texting Lydia, but I hadn't heard a reply, and started to worry. I don't know what took the tow truck so long, but as I watch it pull away the last car, I was celebrating in my seat.

Although I had only been to Scott's house a few times, mostly for birthday parties he had in elementary school, I called upon my childhood memory and natural sense of direction and drove to what I remember to be his road. It wasn't too difficult to find, plus the fact that Stiles raggedy old Jeep was parked in the street, and the fact that Scott, Stiles, and Allison all stood in the front yard.

I stopped a few feet back because of the two people standing in the street. The one I recognized as Boyd, the other I only assumed to be the notorious Derek Hale. Everyone stopped to stare at me. But then turned there heads in the approaching direction of cop cars.

I had my windows down, when I heard it: a loud hissing sound. The memories from the other night came flooding back, but they didn't become a reality until I saw it. From a second story window at the McCall residents, a large reptilian creature covered in sickening green scales padded out the window. Scott, Stiles, and Allison ran out from the cover of the porch and stared up at the horrifying creature. My mouth was gaping open as I watch as the lizard person hissed, jumped off the roof, and scurried off into the distance.

"What the hell," I whispered under my breath.

It wasn't long after Lydia came storming out the front door of the house. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on!" she demanded. She looked over at my car and frowned at me. "And what took you so long Jamie!"

"Sorry," I shouted out the rolled down passenger window. "I got stuck in a car accident," I tried explaining. I saw she scoff in the porch light, and decided to pull over since the cops would be coming this direction anytime soon. I pulled the keys as Boyd picked up and tossed two bodies, I hadn't even noticed, limply over his shoulders. The one I recognized, by her fake name brand heels, and the other I recognized automatically. "Isaac," I breathed so quietly.

I only assumed he had been paralyzed or didn't hear me because he didn't turn to look at me. But I didn't fret on it too much. Because now everyone knows, that I know what's going on.

It was late at night when I was finally pulling into Lydia's driveway. The offer to still spend the night was up, but she declined knowing she needed sometime alone, and I understood. I also offered Allison a ride to school since she had left her car in the parking lot, so she was sitting beside me in the passenger seat. To say the ride was awkward was an understatement. There wasn't much talking going on and the radio was static so it had been turned off.