Chapter 25.

Chapter 25

I glanced over at Scott. "No offense," I justified.

"Non-taken."

"Oh great," Coach mumbled as he watched Isaac being taken away. "McCall. Either you're in or we forfeit," he stated slamming a helmet and lacrosse stick into Scott's hands.

"Okay," Scott answered taking the equipment.

"That's good," I suggested. "At least your in the game now." I said patting his back, but I glanced at the score board. It was already the fourth quarter and there was only about thirteen minutes left on the clock. The score was 9-4 beavers, and at this rate and with half of the good/sane players out the game wasn't in our favor.

Suddenly Ms. McCall grabbed onto Scott's arm. "Hey, something's happening, isn't it?" she breathed. "Something more than a lacrosse game?" Ms. McCall glanced wearily at me and leaned closer to Scott and whispered, "Does she know?"

Scott nods and Ms. McCall give me a quick glance over. "You should go," Scott said quickly to his mother. "You both should go," he said grabbing my hand.

"Oh, I'm not going anywhere," she answered sternly.

I shook my head. "You know I'm not going anywhere Scott. If something every happened to Danny I couldn't deal with himself. Especially since he's best friends with Jackson. I'm not taking any chance."

"And everything that I said before," Scott's mom said, "forget it. All of it. Okay? If you can do something to help, then you do it. You have to."

He nodded. "I will." And I knew he would. I've know Scott since elementary school, but after getting to know him more over the past few months than I have in my entire life, I've learned a couple of things about him. He's one of the most selfless people I've meet, and he'd do anything to help someone in trouble.

Melissa and I quickly jogged off of the field and on the sidelines she turned to me. "When did you find out?"

"Back in February, with Isaac," I answered as the ref blew the whistle and the game began again with Scott in play.

"You mean Isaac is one?" she asked.

I nodded. "And there's a lot more out there we need to worry about right now other than werewolves." I followed her back over to the bleachers and smiled when I saw Lydia and slide next to her. "You feeling okay?" I asked noticing how pale her face was.

Lydia was about to answer, but gasped at the game. I heard Melissa and the Sheriff gasp as well and I quickly looked over and noticed Scott on the ground, seconds later the same beaver player knocked Stiles to the ground. Both the boys got back up and the game went on, and I had the urge to bite my nails in fearful anticipation. The clock was down to ten minutes and Gerard wasn't anywhere in sight, but I kept my eyes locked on the four players on the team: Danny, Scott, Stiles, and Jackson.

"I'm just worried about Allison," she replied as she watch the game.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Me to."

The game went on as usual, for the next five minutes and our team scored three points. The score was now 9-7, sadly we still aren't winning, but at least there's still some hope. I kept and eye on all of my players, but someone on our team took a hard hit to the head and the game paused. When it continued I noticed Scott, of all players, was missing. "Hey Melissa," I leaned around Lydia to see her. "Did you see where Scott went to?"

Melissa looked slightly worried and shook her head. "I didn't even notice he left. I just saw him a minute ago." I saw her glance at the time, there was only five minutes left and Scott and Gerard are missing, but Jackson was still on the field along with Danny and Stiles.

There was this huge, more like giant, kid on the bevears team that kept knocking our players to the ground left and right, and eventually the ball rolled down the field right towards Stiles. He picked up the ball and started running towards the beavers goalie. "Awe crap," Sheriff Stilinski mumbled as Stiles ran down the field. There wasn't any other player in his way, so he could actually make the shot. It would be surprising, with how badly he was as a runner, but there was the slight possibility he could.

Stiles stopped right in front of the goal, but didn't try to make the shot yet. Coach stood up and threw his clip board to the ground. "Stilinski! Shoot it. Shoot the ball! Shoot it, you idiot!"

Lydia and I started shouting out at, "Shoot it! Shoot it!" Right as the other team came running up at him he threw the ball straight—into—the—net. The crowd went wild, but I don't think there was anyone more excited for the point than Stiles. This was his first point all season. This was his first game ever played, and the fact that he scored was an astonishment all in itself.

It was his lucky day apparently, because the next two goals were also made by him, which made Beacon Hills in the lead by one point. But I had this horrible churning feeling in my gut as I watched the clock tick down. I still didn't see Scott or Gerard, the only person I could see right now was Jackson, and that terrified me.

I was practically shaking in my seat when it reached the one minute mark, but the second it clocked down to 30.0, I was really glad I didn't eat lunch that day. I watch as Danny ran down the field and joined the celebrating circle down by Stiles. When I saw Jackson move towards the team, and couldn't stop myself and I practically tripped over my own feet as I ran towards the field.

The ref blew the whistle as the buzzer went off, and I stopped in my tracks. I turned to my left and noticed Scott stopping beside me. "Nothing happened," he breathed. I looked towards the players and noticed Danny's '#6' jersey and I sighed slightly in relief.

"Where's Jackson?" I stammered trying to get a good look for him, but he was no where to be seen. The crowd was loud as the team celebrated midfield, but as the score board turned off, so did the field lights. And suddenly there was a scream. And there the crowd began screaming and pushing and shoving around.

"Danny!" I scream as I pushed my way through the crowd. The lights still glowed slightly even though they were shut off, but it gave me enough light to see a little bit of where I was going. I could hear Scott calling my name, but I ignored him. I couldn't just stand by and let something happen to my brother. I ran to where I last saw him screaming his name as I went, but my voice was easily flushed out by the crowd.

Finally I heard someone shouting my name and I crashing into their arms. "Oh my god Danny, you're alright!" I cheered holding him tightly to my chest. "I thought something bad happened to you," I choked.

"I'm fine, really, but someone else isn't. I don't know who it is, but someone is down," he said pointing over towards the team who was surrounding a body on the ground.

The field lights flickered on and I saw the body on the ground and thought of the worst. What if it Stiles was hurt? Gerard would have Jackson do that knowing Stiles meant something to Scott. I was pushed out of the way by coach and the crowd parted and I gasped when the body on the ground wasn't just Stiles or any other team member for that matter.

It was Jackson.