Chapter Twenty-Five.

Start from the beginning

"But there's also a possibility that it might not be yours either."

"Man, I just don't know what to do. Like I don't know-"

"You know you can get an early DNA test with the child in the womb, right?"

"What?"

"Yeah, a prenatal paternity test. Save you a whole lot of trouble."

"Thanks man, what about Dominique?"

"What about her?"

"There's a possibility she might be going to jail. Who's going to take care of the kids if they're not mine?"

"Put them in the foster care system or something. She don't have any family?"

"She's the only child and don't have a strong relationship with her mom."

"Who she be with then?"

"Her aunt and her family. She got a cousin she told me about though. I think her name is Karla, Karley, something like that."

"What about Kharter?"

"Kharter! Yes that's her name, she haven't talked about her in a while though."

Oh my God, could this be my way out?

"Kharter, I know you're listening. Come from behind the corner," Demetrius demanded.

I slowly slid from behind the corner and made direct eye contact with the visitor. He looked at me with confusion.

"Are you Kharter?" The visitor asked again.

I gave a slight nod and he got up from the couch.

"I need to go Demetrius, I'll talk to you later," The visitor stated as he walked towards the door. He left and Demetrius looked at me.

"Look, I'll take you home tomorrow. Obviously you're not happy here, I can't make you love me."

Omniscient

Rico hopped back into the car and pulled put his phone. He dialed the number from the sheet of paper he ripped off the missing person sign earlier. The phone rung a couple times until a male voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'm calling about the missing person. I found the person you're looking for."

"Forreal? Thanks man, where is she?"

"I need to talk to you about that."

"Can't you just tell me where she is."

"I wish it was that easy. I need to talk to you in person."

"Alright, man. Where can I meet you?"

"UAB."

"A hospital? You sure about that?"

"Yes, just meet me there."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

"My name is Rico, by the way."

Rico disconnected the call and continued to drive to the hospital to meet once again with Dominique. He told her he was getting something to eat, but ended up at Demetrius' house. He walked up to the hospital's entrance and saw Dominique sitting in waiting room, reading a magazine.

"Dominique?"

She rose her head up from the magazine, wondering why it took him so long.

"Where have you been? I-"

"We need to talk Nique," Rico stated as he sat down beside her.

Dominique noticed the seriousness in his voice and placed the magazine back on the end table.

"I want a prenatal paternity test," Rico said, waiting for Nique's response.

"What?"

"Dominique, you could be going to jail for this. I just want to know if the baby is mines or not."

"Well, I guess if that's what you want. It's not a baby though."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm having twins. Here's the ultrasound," Dominique said as she reached into her purse. She pulled out the picture of the ultrasound and handed it to Rico. Rico looked at the ultrasound and did feel a hint of pity towards the girl. Even though the problems she faces is from her own infliction, he just can't help but to feel sorry for her.

"I'll be back," Rico stated as he got out of the seat and went into the bathroom.

Myles was pulling up to the hospital's parking lot. He prayed softly in the car, praying that the person was being serious about finding Kharter. He finished off his prayer and turned the car off. He walked up to the hospital's entrance and entered the waiting area. He looked around the room until his eyes landed on someone he did not expect to see.

Myles

"Dominique?"

Dominique looked up and our eyes made contact. Her eyes started to glisten, showing she was about to cry.

"Myles?"

She tried to run over to me to give me a hug and I dodged her. Her face was written with a look of confusion and hurt.

"Is this a damn joke or something?"

"What? A joke?"

"Someone telling me to meet them here because they may have found Kharter."

"Kharter? Where is she?"

"I don't know, I mean she is considered missing."

"You guys need any help?"

She tried to touch my arm, but I jerked my arm back.

"Why all of sudden you want to help now, huh?"

"She is my cousin Myles, I do love her-"

"Well, you sure don't act like it."

"Myles, we need to talk."

"Talk? About what?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Pregnant?'

"Yes, with twins to be exact."

"Where's ole boy?"

"He's in-"

"Matter of fact, don't answer that."

"Myles, please listen. I need for you to take a test."

"A test?"

"Yes, a test. You can take a prenatal paternity test or take a DNA test-"

"Mhm, I'll think about it Dominique."

"Family of Keisha McCall?" A doctor said as he arose from the back.

Sorry , I haven't updated in a while 😩 . I tried to put a picture but I don't have any space on my phone , but I will later tho !