Chapter Fifteen.

Myles

"Where's Nique?"

Kharter asked me as we sat on the couch, talking. Kyla slept between us as she laid her head on Kharter's lap.

"Work like always."

"She's been working a lot these days."

"Yeah, just trying to get some extra hours. So, we can have some money for the honeymoon."

"Oh ok, I'm excited for you guys though."

I placed my head down and started fumbling with my fingers. Something I usually do when I'm either thinking or nervous about something.

"Myles, what's on your mind?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small plastic bag. I placed the bag in her hand and her eyes widened.

"Is this what I think it is?"

I did a slight nod and just sighed.

"I hope it's not true Kharter. I mean I really have feelings for this girl," I lied.

"Ask her about it Myles, see wassup."

She said as she handed me the bag back and I put it back in my pocket. It was a comfortable silence until Kharter spoke again.

"I always wanted a little girl. Someone I can dress cute with and teach her how to be a lady," she chuckled as she played with Kyla's hair.

"Well, she loves her some Miss Kharter," I chuckled.

"How can somebody give up an innocent child?"

"I don't even know, children are a blessing. Even though her mother and I are not good terms, I wouldn't give Kyla up for anything," I smiled at sleeping Kyla.

"Myles?"

"Hmm?"

"I went on a date ."

My heart broke a little when she said those words.

"Oh really? With who?"

"RaShad Piker, you remember him right?"

"Yeah, I remember RaShad," I said nonchantly.

"You alright?"

She looked at me and I did a quick nod.

"Aye Kharter, I'm having a choir practice tonight for my students to start preparing for our Christmas concert. You want to come with? "

"Sure, that sounds fun."

After spending a few hours together, just chilling and talking like always, I had to drop Kyla with my parents. Sick or not, my parents always want to spend time with Kyla. Kharter rode with me as we drove to my parents' house and I just took a couple of glances at her.

"What Myles?" she asked as she took notice of me glancing at her.

"What?"

"You keep glancing at me like you want to say something."

"I can't look at my best friend?"

"Whatever," she chuckled as she looked out the window.

We pulled up into my parents driveway and saw them sitting on the porch. I pulled Kyla out her and her bag, then walked to my parents.

"Aww, come here Grandma's baby," my mom said as I handed Kyla to her. Kyla was light to be a seven year old.

"Who's that in the car?" my mom asked as she looked towards my car.