Chapter Six.

Kharter

May 25, 2007

I dialed his number and waited for a phone call. Ever since that night, Myles has been avoiding me. After what seemed like forever, he finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Myles. It's Kharter?"

"What the hell do you want?"

"Uhm, I need to talk to you. Can you come over, please?"

"Mhm, sure."

He hung up and I tried to mentally prepare myself to tell him what happened that night. Minutes passed then I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to be face to face with Myles.

"Hey," I managed to stammer out.

"Wassup."

I let him in and he sat down on my couch.

"So, I-"

"Kharter, cut the BS and tell me why I'm here."

"Why have you been so distant? Avoiding my calls, ignoring me?"

"You're a liar, Kharter."

"What are you talking about?"

He pulled out his phone and showed me the video. It was me and Demetrius and his friends all having his way with me. I looked at the comments under the video:

"Wow, I didn't know she was so easy."

"Slut."

"Ooh, I wonder if she'll lemme hit."

He put his phone back and I sighed.

"You believe them, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I was raped Myles! I didn't give them ANY consent."

"Hmm sure, how am I supposed to believe that? You left the party with Demetrius, he didn't force you to leave with him."

"Wow, I can't believe how big of an asshole you're being."

"Look, are you done?"

"Yeah, I'm done. Myles, you known me all my life, you know I'm not like that!"

"Well, people change Kharter-"

"You're right people change, so get out and don't ever talk to me again."

He got up and rolled his eyes at me, walked to front door, and I slammed it behind him after he left.

Present Day

"I'm so glad we got to hang out Kharter, I missed you so much," Leia stated after she took a sip of her drink.

"I know girl, how's life?"

"Life's been good, modeling and enjoying time with my boyfriend."

"Oh yeah, where did you two meet?"

"A modeling gig, I had to model a swimsuit and I was little self-conscious about it. He comforted me and the rest is history."

"Aww, that's so sweet."

"Yeah it is, but it has it downfalls."

"What you mean?"

"Social media, with me being a plus size model, I'm often the target of critics or whatever. Especially dating a guy like him, like he can any girl he wants but he chose me."

"I saw yall at the get-together and he treats you like a queen."

"Yeah, he's definitely a gentleman."

"Girl, I can't wait to find someone like that."

"So, what happened between you and Malcolm anyways?"

"Girl, he's a liar and a cheater. Like just too much energy and time wasted on him."

"I feel ya girl, I wish Khalil would try. He knows I'm crazy and I let him know that when we first got together."

"Oh my god, what you said?"

"Play with my emotions if you want to, I won't hesitate to kill yo' ass."

I laughed at her seriousness and she joined in laughter with me.

"Only you, Leia. Only you."

Myles

"Ooh Daddy, can I get those shoes?"

Kyla yelped as she pointed to some Jordans. She's been doing pretty good in school and stuff, so why not?

"Sure," I said as we looked for her size.

After we paid for the shoes, Kyla wanted to get her nails and feet done, the things I do for my daughter. We walked into the nail place and I just let the ladies have their way with Kyla, I don't know anything about this. I sat in one of the chairs on my phone and heard laughter. It was Kyla with some women laughing. I looked over where Kyla was and saw nobody other than Kharter. Kyla said something and pointed over to me. Kharter and another girl looked my way with hate in their eyes. They looked away from me and continued to talk to Kyla. I scrolled through my phone until it showed that Dominique was calling me. I clicked answer and waited for a response.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, what you doing?"

"Oh nothing, just uhm, cleaning up."

"Cleaning up, that's a first," I joked.

"Haha yeah, I'll call you later, ight?"

"Yeah, wassup? You good?"

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye, I love-"

I was interrupted by the her hanging up on me. What's her problem?

Dominique

"Rico, I can't believe you did that."

I huffed as I walked out of his room. My hair and nail appointment got done a little earlier than I thought, so I headed to Rico's afterwards.

"Aww, come on. It was a joke, Nique."

He said as he followed behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I still ignored him and looked away.

"You mad at me?"

He whispered in my ear, slowly kissing my neck.

"Rico...."

"Hmm?"

"Stop-p," I managed to stammer out of my mouth.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm engaged and I love Myles," I said as he continued to kiss my neck.

"You still lying to yourself?"

I remained silent and he continued to kiss me. Kissing lead to making-out which lead to you know the rest.

Lord, forgive me for I have sinned.

(Leia in MM, played by the beautiful Gabifresh )