Bucky Barnes - A Close Call

Bucky remembers that day painfully clearly. The day [Male name] came back from his mission with a hole through his stomach. He looked so pale, it scared Bucky to no end. The blood was staining him everywhere, and his eyes were not opening, no matter how loud Bucky yelled his name.

Bucky remembered waiting forever outside the operating room. He watched as the doctors retrieved the bullets from [Male name]'s torso, his hands clenched the entire time. He stayed by [Male name]'s bed, holding his hand carefully and praying that he would wake up the next day.

Eventually, [Male name] made a full recovery and was back to his usual, cheerful self, like he hadn't just narrowly escaped death. Bucky was relieved, yes, but at night, when he was all by himself, he couldn't help but have nightmares about "What if he hadn't been so lucky?" He bore this burden for a few nights, until one night, he couldn't bear it anymore. He had to make sure.

Bucky slipped on his shoes and tip toed out of his room. He looked around to make sure he wasn't disturbing anyone. When he saw no one, he walked quietly to the other side of the hallway and opened [Male name]'s bedroom door as quietly as he could. He closed it and padded to the bed, where [Male name] was breathing softly. Bucky let out a little whimper of relief and sat down on the edge of [Male name]'s bed, brushing some of the other man's (h/c) hair out of his eyes.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep. His face was all smoothed out, and though he wasn't smiling, he still looked happy. Bucky sighed, and [Male name] suddenly leaned towards Bucky's fingers. Taking this action as an invitation, Bucky laid down next to [Male name] and rested his head on [Male name]'s chest. The heartbeat he heard reassured him greatly, and he soon found himself drifting off.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Should we just let them sleep in?"

"I don't see why not."

"They look so cute~"

"Tony, don't you dare take a picture."