Chapter 24. The Truth.

Start from the beginning

"Come on, Draco, let's handle this like adults. Just you and me," I try to speak tenderly. He features just get angrier.

"Why? All your doing is trying to protect your poor lover boy!" He taunts, then he takes his foot and kicks Ron harshly on the side of his head. I let out a scream and Ron cries out in pain.

"Draco! Stop it! You're a coward!" I shriek, my voice raising an octave in pitch.

He raises his eyebrows, this the first time I've ever raised my voice at him. The few times we've gotten in a dispute, it's never lasted longer than a few minutes. Not if I could help it.

"I couldn't have been the only one unhappy in this relationship. And, don't think I'm dumb. I saw you and Pansy at the Hog's Head. Don't act so innocent." I snap back at him.

He turns his nose up, pretending not to listen. But, I know I'm right, and he knows it too.

"The only thing we had in common was our strive for power and that's still the only thing we have in common," I point out.

The silence in the air is very tense and uncomfortable. Draco takes his foot from Ron's chest and begins to pace. I open my mouth to continue, but he speaks first.

"So, why'd you agree to marry me, if you were just going to run off anyways?" He snaps.

Beside the fact that Ron didn't exist in my eyes, until New Year's Eve, on that balcony. But, the real question should be why did he propose in the first place? He isn't a spontaneous, romantic guy.

"Because at that time, I realized we were in this situation together," I say, pointing to the Dark Mark, printed darkly on my forearm. He looks down at it with hatred as well. "But, Draco, I don't have what it takes. I don't have the emptiness and hatred inside, needed to be successful. I don't think you do either, no matter how hard you try. I just... I can't take it anymore," I break down, letting a few tears fall before I wipe them away, angrily.

Draco stares at me. He's never seen me cry, not in the years we've been together.

"Draco, don't let her lie to you! You have what it takes. You're loyal, powerful and strong; everything she's not." Bellatrix shouts, coming out from the dark.

Fear hitches up in my throat as realization hits me. Now that Bellatrix knows, everyone knows. She won't keep her mouth shut for anything.

She takes her time approaching us. But, when she does, she stands beside her nephew and places a hand on his shoulder. They both stare at me with identical hateful glares.

"I thought we were alike, you and I. But, really, we couldn't be any different..." She says to me, with an eerie calmness. "A Weasley, really?" She taunts, the ends of her lips turning up.

I can't help but to glare at her; my lips forming an ugly snarl. I can't believe I ever looked up to her. She used to seem so brave and intelligent, now all I see is a psychopath.

"Draco, dear, don'tn worry. The moment the Dark Lord finishes off Potter, he'll be after Alice next." She squeezes his shoulder. Instead of smiling and being joyful, a look of fear crosses Draco's face. But, Bellatrix is behind him, so she can't see. "Well, that is if she isn't done for already," She whispers into Draco's ear.

In a matter of seconds, everything happens at once:

Bellatrix whips her wand at me and shouts,

"Spectumsempra!", But she barely finishes when someone else shouts,

"Stupefy!", sending her falling to the ground.

But, the spell from her wand is still active and heads straight for me, when Draco uses 'Levicorpus' to send me flying into the air, dodging the spells path. He drops me quickly to the ground and prepares himself for whoever shot the spell at Bellatrix.