Chapter 15.

AN: Thanks to soccerchickk for the banner! ->                                                                      

                                                            Alice's P.O.V

Madam Pomfrey holds my robe tightly, although I have no intention of making a break for it. She walks at a quick pace through the hallways.

But, on our way to Dumbledore's office, we turn the corner to be met by none other than Harry Potter.

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey," He nods, stepping out of the way, to walk past us.

"Harry," She smiles and continues to pull me.

I look over my shoulder at him and he stares at me. His expression is practically unreadable. But, I see frustration in his eyes. So, I smile and wave delicately. His expression hardens and he turns the corner quickly, disappearing.

I can't help but to let out a laugh and Madam Pomfrey pulls on my sleeve, not wanting to deal with me much longer.

*

We enter Dumbledore's office to find him seated behind his desk.

One thing I've noticed with Dumbledore, is that with the many times I've been sent to his office, he's never appeared to be unhappy to see me.

"Here she is, Albus." She says and harshly lets go of my arm.

"Thank-you, Poppy," He says, getting to his feet.

She nods and looks at me, sternly, then walks out quickly, with a loud, "Humph!"

"Isn't she a charmer," I comment, fixing my robes.

"Madam Pomfrey has always been... sensitive." He nods with a smile, "Now, Alice, take a seat, please." He suggests, pointing to the leather chair in front of his desk.   

I sigh and take a seat. Please, please, don't let me get expelled. I can't back down from Draco and my mission. 'You-Know-Who' would kill me.

"So, as I understand, there was a fight in the infirmary this afternoon?" He asks, calmly.

Another thing about Dumbledore, he's never raised his voice at me. I don't know if he's ever raised his voice, ever.

"Sir, let me tell you what happened," I say, quickly, before he can continue. He nods and sits back, listening, "So, I was in the infirmary, for some sort of coma," I start off, putting air quotes around the word coma, and roll my eyes.

"Alice, may I interupt?" Dumbledore asks, holding up a finger.

What, was I going to tell him no? I nod and sit back in my chair.

"Madam Pomfrey did not give me much information, so could you please explain the coma?" He asks, politely.

"I don't really know myself, I just woke up in the infirmary," I state; not entirely lying to him.

"That's it?" He asks, looking over his glasses at me.

I bite my lip. I could trust Dumbledore. They were just bad dreams, right? Dumbledore has always watched over me, more than other students, I'd like to think. Maybe not more than Potter, but all the teachers give him special treatment, except for Snape.

"Well," I say, quietly, "I do remember having very troubling nightmares," I explain, whispering.

"What of, may I ask?" He asks, his expression becoming more serious.