Chapter 27: Unchanged Feelings

*****
Levi's PoV

After what happened earlier at the cliff, we went back to where we came from earlier, walking with our hands still connected. When the place is on sight, I saw them lighting up a bonfire. Hanji saw us and waved, telling us to hurry up. Eren grinned widely and walked faster, dragging me with him. Looks like the brat's excited. While making our way, Mikasa met us halfway, bags of marshmallows in her hand. Eren's face lit up when he saw it. He really can be a child.

Mikasa nudged my side which made me tore my gaze away from Eren. I looked at her and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Where did the both of you went? You're just suddenly gone."

I scoffed and I heard Eren chuckled beside me. "Well, if you paid attention to us when we excused ourselves earlier, maybe you wouldn't wonder why we're gone."

Mikasa rolled her eyes and bumped me lightly. We reached the others and saw variety of junk foods which consists of chips, sodas in can, bars of chocolate, and other unhealthy life shortening shits.

They all sat down on the sand circling the bonfire and I reluctantly did so. If not for Eren's tugging to my hand, I wouldn't do it. When my ass made contact with the ground, Eren wrapped his arm around my waist and pecked my lips.

"No PDA, please." Hanji's tone is playful but it didn't save them from earning a glare from me. Eren, acting like the matured teen he is, sticked his tongue out at them.

"Maybe you should get yourself a lover. Levi's not up for being a choice, though."

I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder. Hanji's about to retort but I glared at them before I spat a not-so polite "Shut the fuck up."

They raised both of their hands in the air. I huffed and leaned to Eren, my head resting on his shoulder. He removed his arm around my waist. I grabbed it before it was completely removed and I looked at him, giving him a questioning look. He chuckled and shook his head, placing a kiss on type tip of my nose before answering, "I'll just roast some marshmallows for us."

"I don't want it."

"Why?"

"Too sweet."

"Well, I like it. And you're going to eat some whether you like it or not. You can't spend your night with a bonfire without having a taste of roasted marshmallows."

Ignoring my protest, he proceeded making it. He sticked a piece of marshmallow to a stick and placed it over the fire and after a short time, he took it away and blew on it before placing it near my mouth. I just looked at it before returning my gaze to him, not complying to his request. We stayed like that for a few minutes, none of us giving in. He sighed before he closed his eyes and shit, he used my weakness to his advantage. He looked at me with wide, pleading eyes, making him look like a fucking puppy. A cute puppy with adorable eyes, that is. Shit again, I used the word adorable. This damn brat.

Giving in to his wishes, I reluctantly opened my mouth which made him smile. He moved the roasted marshmallow and I can't help but smell the sweetness of it. Just when it made contact with my mouth, he suddenly pulled away. I glared at him and he smiled. "It tastes better with melted chocolate."

He reached for a container beside Armin and opened it, revealing a good amount of melted chocolate. He dipped half of the marshmallow before offering it to me again. I held his wrist this time just to make sure that he won't make fun of me. I ate it and in the instant it made contact with my taste bud, the bittersweet taste of chocolate and sweetness of sugar exploded in my mouth. Somehow, the slight bitterness of the chocolate neutralized the overly sweet taste. He grinned at me widely, carefully watching me while I'm chewing and swallowing it. I put my hand on his face, pushing it away.