-20-

Marvin's P.O.V...

Graduation day...

"And I'll never forget you guys." The valedictorian spoke into the microphone. She sat back down. Next was the Vice President, secretary, treasurer, and so on. I looked down at my lap. After hanging out with my friends for one last time, Alexander and I are running away.

Tears started forming in my eyes, ready to spill. I'm going to miss them all. All the good times we've had, to the terrible things. It was all going to finish so soon. I never thought I was going to graduate with really good grades. My parents made me leave. And I still turned out okay. I don't need my parents. They can fuck off.

I was nudged. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the person. They pointed up. "Marvin? Stand up please." I heard. I stood up. Yesenia was in front of the podium. I looked around. Elizabeth and Alexander were standing up too.

"...but these three people have made my high school life extremely amazing. They have gotten into my heart and kept me going. School can be really difficult but we just had to find the people that will catch us when we fall. I got accepted into an amazing university because they believed in me. Someday, the world's going to know my name."

"Alexander Hamilton." I yelled along with Elizabeth, earning confused stares from others. She laughed. "Thank you so much, everyone." She said, walking to her seat. We sat down. Next was the principal's speech.

Honestly, why don't they just give us our diploma and that's it? Why do they have to make this huge ceremony? I mean, I'm not complaining because this is nice. But, they don't need to make a huge deal. It just makes it harder for all of us not to cry. You get me?

...

"Alright, guys! I...am...ready." Elizabeth yelled, pressing something. Music started blasting and those spinny lights decorated the room. We all started dancing, while she did something. She handed us clear cups with soda in it. "It's just gonna be us. Don't worry. Oh, and Ben. And Rafael. He's going to be with his family for an hour though. Rafael is coming right now."

Alex was dancing around. Balloons were in all four corners of her room. Which is weird because people don't usually throw parties in their rooms. Or do they? "Shut up and dance with me." Yesenia sang along. It was kind of funny. I started moving my feet and the free hand. I didn't know how to dance, and still don't.

"Marvin, I'll teach you some moves." Alex said, placing his cup on her table and mine too. He did some weird move and I tried to do it, but almost fell. "Do it slower, so I can try to do it." I said. He did it again, slower this time.

"Good! Now do it like this." He said, doing it at the same pace he did before the slower. I tried, but failed again. "Dude!" He whined. He called me dude. He never did that. Elizabeth left the room. Yesenia came over to us and danced.

"I think this is a pretty good party." She said, sipping her soda. I pulled out my phone and she groaned. "It's our last time being together and you're pulling out your phone?!" She asked. I nodded, clicking the camera app. Elizabeth walked up the stairs and looked at us. "Picture!" I said loudly.

They gathered around my phone, squeezing in for the picture. I pressed the white button and it was taken. I put my phone away again. "Guys." Elizabeth said, trailing off. She lowered down the music and stared at us. "What?" We asked.

"I got into SJSU!" She screamed into our faces. We group hugged her. Alexander and I were going to the university in New York. Yeah, that's where we're running away to. Not literally, but you get me.

"Congrats, bitch." I said to her. She laughed and smacked me in the head. "Thank you." She said, putting up the music again. This might be the last time we are all together, but this is probably the best way to make it our last.

"Dude! Snap out of it! We need to party!" Alexander yelled over the music. I wonder if her parents are even here. Would they get her in trouble? Or did they leave? Who knows.

...

There was probably over 10 people here. The party moved into the living room and still no sign of her parents. Hopefully she doesn't get in trouble. "This was the best year ever! When I say 'who's the best?' you say 'seniors'." Someone yelled, standing up on the couch.

"Who's the best?"

"Seniors!"

"Who's the best?"

"Seniors!"

"Who?!"

"Seniors!"

Alex was dancing with Yesenia and Rafael. Elizabeth was coming towards me. "Hey!" She yelled.

"Yeah?" I asked. She put her arm around me, pulling me close to her. "Hey, distract yourself. This party ends in an hour. After that, you and Alex are leaving. Yesenia is going to pack her things and move near her university. I'm clearly staying. Ben is leaving, really far. And I don't know what will happen to us. So, we all have t-to...fuck." She said, wiping her face.

"No, don't cry." I said, hugging her. Everyone turned and ran to us. I swear my heart almost stopped. It was like a stampede. The only thing making noise was the music. This felt nice. I'm going to miss them all. The most known person to the least known.

...

"Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?" Yesenia sang. A tear fell down her cheek. "No, don't you dare reference One Direction at a time like this." Elizabeth said, wiping the tears off her own face.

"If you referenced one-d, I'll reference Fall Out Boy. Hold up, let me get lipstick." She said, running away. She came back and wrote 'goodbye' on our arms. "The song goes 'I wrote a goodbye note in lipstick on your arm, when you passed out' but you didn't pass out so. Just pretend."

"I really do love you guys. I'm going to miss everything we did together. You guys made me really happy and I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. You guys are literally my dose. Like a drug. Without you guys, I'm literally just me."

"Elizabeth stop. You're going to make me cry." I said, breathing in deeply. It was hopeless. I burst into tears. "We have to go. Our plane leaves in an hour and a half. B-" She shook her head.

"No, I'm driving you guys. Let's go. One last time."

...

But it was true. What she said about the drugs. We were all each other's drugs. We were addicts. Except these drugs were free and really good. The bad part was, we knew that someday we were going to split apart, we just didn't know it would come by quickly.

And really, we aren't each other's drugs. Drugs ruin your life. And these people didn't ruin it. They made it better. They have a safe place in my heart, as I am in theirs. But there is a similarity. We start to get used to it. And suddenly, we can't function without it. An addiction. Even if you leave it, you always become tempted to go back to it. And sometimes, it's impossible. Drugs keep producing, but these people can never be replaced.

We are all addicts. And maybe, just maybe it wasn't a bad thing.

"Marvin?" Alexander asked, holding my hand. I looked up at him and gave him a questioning look. "I love you." He said, kissing me. I pulled away and smiled. "And, I love you."

----------------------------------
it's over. It's over. It's fucking over. ngl, I actually cried writing the last part. FUCJ. vote please. Comment questions for characters or about Addicts or anything on this, and I'll post it. Bye!!