-17-

Marvin's P.O.V...

My heart sped up. The heart monitor could prove that. I opened my eyes to see who it was. Fuck. I thought I was safe. "W-what do you want?" I asked. Stop. Stop being fucking scared. I can't! My fucking life is full of fear. I have fucking anxiety. I can't fix this.

"I just came to finish some work. I mean, since you didn't die." He said to me. Why can't they leave me alone? Tears started to form. "Please leave me alone." I whimpered. I was weak, he knew that.

"Oh, but I can't. Fredrick told me that I had to finish his work. Boo-hoo, motherfucker." He said, taunting me. I couldn't do anything. "Please.." I whispered. My heart beats more and more faster.

"Well, that's if you don't get a heart attack first." He said, laughing. This guy is a maniac. I kept pressing the button on the remote. He stood beside me. His hands moved towards my neck. Tears started falling.

"Are y-" The nurse cut herself off. "Oh my god. Please send security up here now!" She yelled, looking out the door. He didn't let go of me though. He slowly squeezed harder. I tried pulling his hands off me, but I couldn't.

A security guard pulled him off me. "Put your hands behind your back." He said to the guy who was gonna kill me. I didn't know his name. He cuffed him and they both walked out. The nurse walked over to me, worriedly.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Is she really fucking asking me this, right after I was being choked? I wiped the tears off my face. I want to leave. "I want to leave." I said. I sat up, but she pushed me lightly. "Please lie down. You'll be out tomorrow. Your parents have to pick you up." She said.

I don't want to see those fucks. They kicked me out of their house.  Is that really how parents treat their children just because of their sexuality? Sadly, yes. There's more people, than just me, who have been treated like that or even worse. That's low of the parents. That's why some people are afraid to come out to them.

She had left, before I said something. I sighed and closed my eyes. I need to sleep. So tomorrow, I can just wake up, wait for my parents to get me, and everything will be fine. Hopefully. Stop thinking. Just breathe and sleep. That's easy. No, not for people with asthma or lung cancer.

Like Hazel Grace. She said that her lungs sucked. Although it was a novel, it happens to people in real life. And they have to have an oxygen tank to breathe. Stop thinking! Just breathe and sleep. I finally let the tiredness let me rest.

...

I shot up, excitedly. Only to realize that I have been doing it all night. I was really happy today was Monday but, it's barely like around slee-

"Marvin! We signed you out. Get your things." My mom burst through the door. Wow. I don't know if she was happy or angry. It didn't matter. A nurse came in behind her to unhook me from all this shit, I suppose.

After she did, she said, "Don't take the bandage off." pointing at my head. I nodded, and got off the bed. She walked out. Where is my mom? She was j- "Marvin! Yo, your mom told us to come for you. She already signed you out." Yesenia said.

"I need to change! Chill." I said to her. Her shoulders sunk and she gave me an annoyed look. I laughed and pushed her out. I got my stuff out of the closet and put on... Not the clothes I had on. I put them anyway, it's not like they're going to kill me.

...

"Marvin, do you want to stay at your h-" I cut her off "I don't live there anymore." She looked at me and back at the road. Silence. It's so odd how powerful silence is, right? It can either hurt or make you really happy. This one hurt. She's probably wondering why I didn't say anything.

I'm wondering the same exact thing. That's a lie. No, I'm not. I didn't tell her because when I was going to, I got my head banged against the lockers. I also haven't told her that I was getting choked. Or anyone, for that matter.

"I also was getting choked in the hospital." I said. She was pulling off to the side, until she came to a complete stop. "What?" She asked, looking at me. I nodded.

"Explain to me right now." She said. I didn't want to. But I needed to. But then again, we do have to do many things in life, and we don't. Because we're either afraid of what will happen or we just want to keep it to ourselves.

"My mom kicked me out because I'm gay and a disgrace. That's pretty much it. Fredrick sent one of his friends to kill me and yeah." I said. I didn't need to give a full story. Neither do I have to. Shut up, brain. I'm sick of you.

"Do you have a place to s-" I cut her off "Yes, Jake let me live with him and his brother." She smiled. Her boyfriend. Why are relationships so meaningful? Why does it hurt to lose them? Why is love dangerous? W- Shut the fuck up, already.

"That's good. Do you wanna go there or school?" She asks. Should I face school now or later? They say it's now or never. Id take never, but there is no never. It's later. I should go face it. "School." I said. No, school is shit. I don't want to go. Goddamn.

As soon as she got to the school parking lot, I got out. "Marvin! You're supposed to wait until I park!" She yelled. I closed the door, pulling my backpack strings.

"Sorry." Maybe I shouldn't be worried about school. Fredrick isn't here to fuck me up. I'll be fine. And for the first time in forever, I feel safe.

------------------------------------
I don't know what that was, I hope it was good? Vote pls thanks