Chapter 24: Never a Dull Moment

Start from the beginning

"What?" I repeat, "you did a-"

"No of course not," he cuts me off, "I know she's only thinking that because well, she's right, but it's only because of the weird circumstance we are in. You know what I mean?"

"It's a little late to be in deep thought," I say and let out a snicker.

"Your not from our time," he makes it clearer.

"Oh, yeah, duh."

He just laughs.

"Your xycrubulent," he says.

"And your awesome," I say.

We both laugh and just look at each other. I'm getting sleepier every second.

"I don't think you should have a job right now," Zane breaks the silence.

"Why not? And I already told you I want one so I can make money and not have to have you paying for everything."

"It's no problem."

"It is for me. The job also helps me keep an eye out for Mason."

"I don't really trust Ryder," he admits.

"Zane you barely know him. Why would you even need to trust him? I don't think that matters."

"Because he's around you all morning."

"So?" I ask.

"I... I don't know."

I look at his silhouette in the darkness like he could see my expression.

"You don't know?"

He's silent.

After what feels like forever of trying to go to sleep I think I'm dreaming when I hear him whisper

"Because I want you"

I'm searching.

I don't know what it is I can't find but I know I haven't found it. Nothing is around me but a open field.

I start running.

The grass is catching my bare feet as it starts growing taller. I trip and it keeps growing until It covers me.

I see nothing but grass as I look around. Until I spot someone else's hazel eyes coming to help me.

And I know I found what I was looking for.

"Good morning!" He sings as he brings in a tray of pancakes and bacon.

"Oh yum, what did I do to deserve this?" I moan while trying to sit up.

"I thought I would treat my lovely girlfriend to breakfast in bed," he announces.

GIRLFRIEND? When did that happen?

"Huh?" Is the only thing I can think to say.

He ignores my questioned look and sits down kissing me on the cheek.

Huh?

"Zane..." I say.

"Yeah?" He replies.

I can't come too it enough to think of the correct question to ask. I just lay here looking at him in confusion.

"How?" I think out loud.

"How what?" He says now confused.

"How did we," I point back and forth between me and him. I open my mouth to finish what ever I was asking but I forgot.