7

"I'm here! I'm sorry I'm late." I panted, running up to Paige, who wore a hard look on her face. She seemed upset, and as I walked towards her, something flashed in her eyes, and her whole demeanor changed. She now wore a smile and seemed happy.

She pulled me closer to her, not minding the crowd of people that were around us and kissed me squarely on the lips. Wrapping her arms around my waist, crushing me towards her. My fingers navigated through her hair, no particular destination, just enjoying the feel of her lips against mine.

The crowd began to cheer, and that's when I pulled away, slightly embarrassed, I guess us dating wasn't up for debate anymore. Once this gets out to the press, it's all over.

"Hi babe." She said loudly, interlocking our fingers as she tugged me towards the stand she was supposed to do her press conference. Now that I frequent her fights. I had a backstage pass. Eveyone in the building pretty much knew me as Paige's new friend.

I was not dressed for this! I looked a mess and didn't even have makeup on. I was just coming from exams. I didn't get a chance to stop home and change. My backpack still clung to my shoulders.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered in her ear, which she ignored and sat down at the long table taking me in her lap. It was an awkward position, this entire experience was awkward. I couldn't believe she's putting me on the spot like this.

"Any questions?" Of course, once she said that everyone's hands shot up. I was so uncomfortable. There was no way she was about to do this. It's been a week since the incident at the party.

Paige still hasn't opened up about certain things.

I wanted to leave, but Paige's iron grip around my abdomen had me rooted in place. It couldn't get any tighter. And it sure was going to be a bruise if she didn't let up.

'Whats your girlfriend's name?'

Paige didn't even ask me if I wanted my name out there before she responded, and that pissed me off. "Her name is Haley."

'When did you guys start dating?'

"Our relationship is new.'

This went on for half an hour, with Paige answering questions about her and I. Me sitting on her lap stiff as a board, fighting back hot, angry tears. She was going to have it once we were alone. That was not cool, and she could've at least warned me.

Finally, the press conference was over, and Paige let me go smiling once to the crowd before leading me to her dressing room where we were finally alone. Once the door shut, I snatched my hand out of hers, quickly turning on my heel.

" What the hell was that, Paige?? I was blindsided out there, and you did not inform me that we were going public. You didn't even ask me! how did you know I was even ready for that??" I yelled. I was so irate I didn't care who heard me.

Her eyes changed again, and her form went stiff, "Why should I ask you when you agreed to go out with me? You know who I am its apart of the business."

"And who said I wanted to be a part of the business? Now not only did you just out us to the whole fucking world but you betrayed my trust. I wasn't ready for this. We aren't even official Im still wary about you because clearly something else is going on with you. And I can't deal with all of this right now. I'm sorry."

I slowly backed away until I was by the door and left a teary eyed Paige to herself. I couldn't be around her right now, she was the last person I wanted to see. I ended up going back home and of course my sister was waiting.

"I told you she would play you." She singed.

"She didn't play me, " I defended.

"Oh so you were aware of her outing you like that? Did paparazzi follow you home super star?" She mocked.

"Shut up," I groaned, "I just went through a break up aren't you supposed to be consoling me or getting me ice cream?"

"You got two legs, get it your damn self the fuck I look like a maid?" The sister of the year award goes to.... Anna for her stellar personality.

"Ugh." I huffed getting it myself, Anna could be such an ass sometimes.

"Hurry up!" She shouted from the living room. "Your girl, well, ex-girlfriend is about to come on, and she looks pissed." Anna laughed from the other room.

Of course, she found all of this funny. I hurried and put a couple of scoops in a bowl before racing back to the couch. The fight started just as I sat down, and Paige was in beast mode. She had the upper hand during most of the fight until the very end. Something about her changed, and she lost her footing, which caused her opponent to have the upper hand.

Paige was bleeding, and her nose seemed broken. There was blood all over her, and her posture was sloppy. She looked as if she was struggling to stay on her feet. Which had her at a disadvantage. She got the shit beaten out of her after that. Paige was on the mat unconscious, and the girl still was beating her down as she tried to fight the ref to get to her.

"Oh my god..." My sister gasped, "Paige hasn't lost a fight yet, Whatever you did must've really gotten to her she seemed out of it the whole time."

I punched Anna in the arm, "Are you trying to blame this on me?"

"Ow," she pouted, "It's partiality your fault, I mean, you did break up with her right before her fight." She shrugged.

"Shit," Anna cursed, "I bet money on Paige."

"What??" I shouted, standing up, "How much money?"

She looked up at me, guilty scratching the back of her neck, "200."

I didn't believe my ears. I know her ass did not just say two hundred. There has to be some king of mistake. "Tell me that you're joking, Anna."

She chuckled nervously, "I wish I could."

By now, I was pacing around the room. "What the hell possessed you to do something like that? We don't have two hundred dollars. We can barely afford groceries and this fucking apartment but you betting money!"

"She had it in the bag until you fucked it up." She accused.

"I didn't fuck anything up! I did what I thought was right. She went too far and I needed her to understand that she can't control me like that I should have as much say as she does in the relationship." I argued.

Anna's eyes softened, "I'm sorry I didn't know it was like that."

"Of course you didn't " I snorted walking away I couldn't stand the sight of her right now, "Because you never asked."